Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, we are in mid November with some areas getting snow and some still waiting.
Any predictions on the winter weather in your area???
We had some but the weather got warmer now and its gone.

i'm getting pissed and impatient. i think winter is going to be like last year around here "UNFORTUNATELY"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I disagree skidood.

I think this is going to be a winter just like 2001 if not worst.

I was already sledding in november. That beats my old record set in 2001 when I got to go out November 24th. Also this year at dear hunting we had about 1/2 foot of snow. Thats the most snow i ever saw that time of year.

We also had -17 temps in october. Most ponds and small lakes are frozen or have been. And Northern Ontario is already riding on lakes.

All the signs are there. Dont worry. Winters comming.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well its LOOKING better for Maine, cant say right now, because yet ANOTHER warm spell is coming, and all my snow is gonna be gone :cussing: :cussing: :angry: :angry: But ppl are saying winter like 95/96 around here, if you know Maine, thats all you need to know. (123" of snow in portland, we usually only get 65" a year)

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
if you want to know what winter is going to be like then pay attention in the spring before it, then the summer, the fall and winter. all these seasons leading up to this winter have been good in their precipitation and gotten cooler everytime it has went to rain. look at this late fall it has gotten cooler when it went to rain and we got snow most times not rain.

"this is not a prediction" it is going to be a great winter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
$crew predictions! In the midwest what we need is cold without a lot of snow to freeze the lakes and ground. This is happening. There is another cold blast coming to the midwest which should help some more. Then we'll have to wait and see. I like what I see so far. Remember, it is early. John Dee is the only meteoroligist smart enough to know that it is hard enough to predict tomorrow's weather, much less 2 months ahead! Keep your fingers crossed and your sled waxed. I try to be optimistic (try) and plan on riding even here in northern IL this year. Winter lives!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bladeguy, if you didn't read John's latest journal, check it out now!

For the rest of you, it's www.johndee.com Click on Journal and read his latest entry. Nov. 19.

The artic air is coming! The UP is going to get snow soon. The pattern is setting up perfectly for the midwest. At least for the next two or three weeks. This is exactly what we need to start the winter!

John also mentions something about el-nino.

If you ask me, things could not look better for this time of year.

I'm gettin' excited! :p

Kirk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not an expert but I think this will be the best winter in years !!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
snowjoe,

Trust me, I want to believe you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts