Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used skidoo non synthetic for years but recentley switched to klotz the skidoo oil was making sick  & bad head aches took this long to figure it out

·
Registered
124 Posts
we use amsoil, but we're tryin this new stuff called blue marbol.. its supposed to increase fuel economy, give 5 mph in the top end decrease oil consumption, make you run faster, jump higher, and make world peace... or some of thoes at least.. heh.

amsnow reviewed it a couple months ago, and they really liked it.

-jason

·
Registered
126 Posts
i'm going with amsoil. i ran arctic cat in the past , but i heard good things about amsoil. i saw a couple of people complaining about the smell of amsoil .  we will see. i'm more worried about snow first!!!!     -goose-

·
Registered
124 Posts
for me, when ya leave the sleds sit and warm up in the morning and they are smoking really bad... and you end up with that cloud of smoke, the amsoil really gets to me. it makes my eyes burn and stuff.. but when ya are goin, or the sleds are warm, its fine. amsoil is really inexpensive too.

- Jason

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am planning on moving from skidoo reg. oil to Klotz and am wondering about mixing the two.  How do you guys do it?  Wait until the oil is real low and then add the new type or do you drain the old first?  I'd rather not drain due to possibility of air bubbles in the line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 years ago I premixed gas/oil for my snowblower.  all I had was yamalube,  I put some in glass pint jar and set it on shelf.  It is still setting there and there is no seperation.  Looks just like it did when I put on shelf

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ran Klotz last year in my '99 Cat ZL 600 EFI.  I don't know if this was the right way to do it but I filled the oil up almost full with the cat oil and then topped it off with klotz. After a couple hours of first putting the Klotz in I could smell it. Must be riding shook it enough to mix it all up. They mixed together very well. From then out I just kept topping the tank off with the klotz every time I rode. Never had a probelm.

Gonna try amsoil this year in my '02 ZR500

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone ever tried Citco Sea and Snow? It is a synthetic blend, but I don't know of anyone else that has tried it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We haven't used the Citgo Sea and Snow in our rigs but their Premium TC-W3 has been promoted here in Alaska as a good choice down to -47 F. We have used quite a few gallons of it in our snowmachines and it has worked very well even down to those temps where springs and shocks feel solid. Rigs are like riding a stump but the engines take it all in stride. In comparing it to other oils (in the outboard now) running at prolonged high speeds, the Citgo has been every bit the equal of more expensive oils and a whole lot better than stuff like Havoline.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I switched to Klotz over the summer in my Mach Z and have since been out twice.  It seems to smoke just as much during warm up and the wife is still complaining that her eyes are burning riding behind me.  Now I'm fouling plugs and a different cylinder ea. time.  Didn't have this problem with plain old skidoo min.  I'm carefull not to let it sit idling too long and I shut the choke down as soon as it fires.  I'm switching back to see what happens.
Anyone else foul plugs when they went synthetic???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts