Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put precision skis on my 99 HO. Is there a p/n for a whole kit, or do you buy the skis, carbides, and bridge/fasteners as separate units?

I don't run studs in the 1" track I have on it.. so I guess the smallest carbides (4" I think) will be enough for them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just went through this with my sled. Not sure on the part numbers but you buy the skis seperate. The mounting kit you buy is based on the spindle you have. It comes with carbides, bridges, handles, bushings, bolts, nuts and the rubber pieces. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does ANYONE know the part number for the mounting kit? Getting it as a Christmas present, person getting it needs the p/n so I don't end up with the wrong one.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
They have a kit out it is a fit all kit. All nessesary bushings,bolts and so on are there. A complete kit from bombardier direct is about $390.00 or about $325.00 from jonny8skidoo a dealer in Mich.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by Walrus@Nov 13 2002, 01:15 PM
I want to put precision skis on my 99 HO. Is there a p/n for a whole kit, or do you buy the skis, carbides, and bridge/fasteners as separate units?

I don't run studs in the 1" track I have on it.. so I guess the smallest carbides (4" I think) will be enough for them.
I have a new set of precision skis never been used if you would like. !!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just go to www.skidoo.com and you can buy the ski's direct.

ski part number depends on color black precision ski 505070727 61.47 each

Ski bridge & Fastner kit Percision 860507700 133.47 comes with carbides, light weight bridge, black handle, all mounting hardware, and bushing for both skis.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muskoka.doo.. check your PM.

Slugo.. is that fastener kit the kit I need? What is different between my HO spindle and the spindle on newer sleds with precision skis?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Originally posted by slugo@Nov 14 2002, 01:24 AM
ski part number depends on color black precision ski 505070727 61.47 each

Ski bridge & Fastner kit Percision 860507700 133.47 comes with carbides, light weight bridge, black handle, all mounting hardware, and bushing for both skis.
I went to the SKIDOO dealer in the city today and he told me the mount kit has to be purchased one mount kit per ski you need two kits to do a pair of skis? Is this true? Or is he trying to screw me over. Which is one of the reasons I don't drive a ski doo the dealer is a d!nk. I really want to put a set on my Polaris.
Best of both worlds LOL. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought the kit included hadware for both ski's but I could be wrong. I'll ask a friend who just replaced his ski's on a 2001 mxzx.

If you want call ski-doo direct they will help you out.

Talking about GOOD dealers if you live in NH around lake wini go to outdoor-performance in bridge water. :nervous:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
One kit for one ski $133.00. It all comes out to about $390.00 when your done. I got mine for $300.00, shop around!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I phoned my local dealer today:

$80 per ski - 2 required
$171 for attachment kit - includes bridges and carbides for both sides - 1 required.

These prices are before tax.

He said the kit is specific for the chassis - he has different p/n's for S-2000, ZX etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What currency is that in? If it's in american buy it from a diffrent dealer because that is high or look on the ski-doo page.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts