Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of picking up a left over or used Tcat, even before they announced their demise.  I saw on Ebay where a dealer was trying to sell a new 02.  He had the reserve set higher than MSRP, and he was hyping it to be a "would be collector's item"  Do you guys think that they will be worth more than they were before they were discontinued?  Or do you think they will be collectors items?  I can't see this happening.  Am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I think the dealer had wishful thinking.  No way he should be able to sell it for more now then when first released.  My guess is that cat stopped making the trips in general to create more of a demand for them.  So then when they reintroduce it, they will sell more new ones.....JMO
I think it is SEVERAL years down the road before they are a "true" collector.  The guy is just out to make a BIG buck off of BS hype!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I agree with ya Phazerhater  
 Why would the dealer think he could make money on the TCat because  when in production they couldnt give em away
not here anyway. I hang out at the dealer and the only sleds I see in for repair is the Cat tripples. My dealer said he would like to see a twin give out so he can see what they look like inside. and believe me there is a lot of Cat twin 800's on the trail right now

·
Registered
172 Posts
i find cat triples to be very reliable, maybe the people that buy em should learn how to run the sled better.   also, a lot of people that buy big triples go for a "speed" run now and then, no way anything will hold up to a 3000 foot run on a cold day(-30 C), not with stock jetting anyway.
as for the t-cat becoming a collectors item, i cannot see it.  I agree with phazer hater, they will probably bring it back in a couple years hoping to sell more of em.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Will they bring the T-Cat back as a triple?Or will they put something  a little bigger in it? Like maybe something out of aGSXR to compete with Yamaha's RX1.Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I think a GiXeR rammed into a sno-pro chassi would kick azz!!  Can you imagine how sweet that would be if they got all the bugs worked out and had it dialed in!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want a good deal on T-cats go to blackmagicracing.com. You can buy their test sleds with all updates. Pretty cheap. Under 200 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
A couple of weeks ago AC had 80 mountain cat 1000's still in boxes, and there a lot of short tracks too. They are definitley not a collectors item right now, dust maybe. They should come out with a lighter one that has no counterbalancer, and narrower, with 172 horse, they would still be sellin them! :!!:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts