Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from winterpark, posted on Nov. 02 2001, 2:11pm
Why don't dollar amounts show up in posts?

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean?

Please explain in more detail.

Thanks.

$100.00 $200.00 $350 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$
$
$
$24.99

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I didn't explain it better.  When someone posts a dollar amount, after a while it just shows up as a small box in place of where the numbers and dollar sign used to be.  Maybe its just my computer, i dont know.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Winterpark,
     I experienced the same thing, so you are not crazy. Couldnt seem to find any example's now but I did see the heiroglyphics insteads of prices before.
            Ryan

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
I will keep an eye out for this issue. But if anyone runs across an example of this in the forums, please post it here.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Corey,
   When I view nosnow's post under "how is your 98 xc 700 set up?" in the Polaris Forum I dont see a price I see some sort of a strange W symbol. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!
         Ryan

·
Registered
918 Posts
DanR,
    Is it only us that see the weird stuff? Maybe its our computers or something. The Ride Forum was apparently deleted by Corey.
                  Ryan

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
I see it. I am looking into this issue.

As far as the Ride forum goes, from what I understand and read from Tim is that there was a vote to exclude SW from the ride. We obvious have nothing more to do with the ride, hence the deletion of the forum.

I just wish I had known this before reading it here on our own forums. Oh well...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
What's up with not including SW? That's crazy as far as I'm concerned. Unless there is something I don't know about.

I noticed the $$ thing in the AC forum under the post of 1995 Pantera.

·
Registered
918 Posts
ZMachMan posted about this topic but that was deleted too. Not sure why. At the meetings a big issue was liability. SW would have have to pay for insurance if we called it the Snowmobile World ride. It was getting really complicated with other sponsers wanting to donate stuff to so we just decided a ride is a ride wether it has name or not. So now we just have a no name ride.
                 Ryan

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from DanR, posted on Nov. 06 2001, 06:51am
so what does it all comme down too ? no ride or no more talking about it here ??? how can it be so complicated to get a cupple of guys together and ride !

I don't know what to tell you Dan. Personally, I don't think it's that complicated to begin with. The liability issues that we have are just that, our issues. This is something that nobody other than ourselves needs to worry about.

The organizational meetings needed only to discuss the type of things that people wanted to do on the ride, nothing more. It gets complicated when users begin discussing ways around the liability issues. This is something that no one needs to worry about as would take care of that.

So to answer your question, I don't know. When I heard that we weren't apart of it anymore, I had to delete the forum. If we are not to be a part of the ride, we can't promote it for insurance reasons.

I don't know what you want me to say. It wasn't our decision. Ask the people that made it in the first place. I tried to do just that yesterday at the planned Monday 8:00pm meeting. No one was there.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Corey, Who are they? the people that made the dicision?
When i first heard about the ride being changed and the forum being removed, i thought you made that dicision?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from SKIDOOD, posted on Nov. 06 2001, 10:16am
Corey, Who are they? the people that made the dicision?
When i first heard about the ride being changed and the forum being removed, i thought you made that dicision?

From the information that Tim posted (which is gone now), the last meeting that was held, it was voted by the people there to have it a NO NAME ride and to drop any sponsorship names.

I am just going on what I saw. Tim, care to fill us in?

Thanks.

Z

·
0 Posts
I did post this information to fill everyone in once, but the post vanished. So, let me try this again.

First, let me start in the beginning:

Last December, a few of us Ski-Doo Riders decided to meet each other face to face and to have a Two-day ride together. This was held and we had a great time, if I may so myself and speaking for others.

Then after the ride, we started talking again, about a ride for this year, and there was some discussion about calling it the DooRideIn. This name came under attack from riders who rode sleds other, than Doo's. Now this was in fact our ride, but we decided to keep the peace with all involved, and to search for another name. We tried the First USA Ride, but some of our Canadian Brothers were less than happy with that name. Someone, asked what about calling it
the SnowmobileWorld Ride. Corey, read the post and if memory serves me, said that SW would be happy to have the ride named after them. So it was to be, the name became, The SnowmobileWorld Ride.

Then we started asking this summer, about organizational meetings. I have asked for this Organizational meeting in several posts and one forum user, actually secured Hotel rooms and convention center in Grand Rapids for our meeting and set a date. Guess what, nobody wanted to show up, or couldn't show up for that organizational meeting. The rental of this convention room, cost this forum user $50.00, that was not refundable by the Hotel.

Then I came up with the idea of having a On-Line Organizational meeting. So about 1 month ago, we had our first meeting. We decided to keep the dates for the ride as previously planned and we came up with some very interesting ideas, on events for the 3 day ride.

Friday evening, was to be a gathering for all, to finally meet, Face to Face.
Saturday, was to be a ride, From Elmira Michigan, to the Mackinaw Bridge for lunch and Return.
Saturday Evening was to be a dinner sponsored by the Local School. (Speghetti Dinner)
Sunday was a breakfast at the Local Sportmen's club, with the local Snowmobile Club Showing Interest in Hosting Radar Runs for us afterwards.

Then we had a Major Manufacturer, call and offer to give us Banners and Certificate's to be given away as door prizes, that would be redemable for Product. The Founders of the ride were elated to find that a major sponsor was interested in our little ride. But to make a long story short, Let's just say this Idea was smoothered...

Another Company offered to give us stickers for our windshields at one of our on-line meetings and although it was voted to let this company, I don't think everyone was excited about it.

Also at the same meeting, it was told to us by SW that the ride, already scheduled for three days, would have to be changed to a one day event only. The other two days, we would be on our own. This was because of liability reasons.

The following week, I received emails from people who attended the meetings. Several were in dismay, over the fact of only going to a one day event. They wanted it like we had it last year. They also, voiced concern, over liability issues and the red tape and confusion that it seemed to
bring with it. They were distraught over the fact, that a Major Manufacturer was blown out the door. So, at the meeting, one of the attendee's motioned to go back to a no-name ride. There second to the motion. A vote followed, with a unanimous vote to go back to a no-name ride. This was all done to eliminate the confusion and red-tape, that is all. There were 8 SW Forum Members in attendance at this meeting.

If I may, a quote from Corey is as follows:

"As far as the Ride forum goes, from what I understand and read from Tim is that there was a vote to exclude SW from the ride. We obvious have nothing more to do with the ride, hence the deletion of the forum".

I would like to correct the fact, that this vote was not in anyway, shape or form, directed against SW. We did not vote to exclude, SW, from the ride. The vote was held to Exclude the Red Tape and Mass Confusion from the ride. The meeting was posted on the site and open to all. If everyone interested in the ride had attended, they would have seen this is how it went down.

As for the comment and I quote:

"The organizational meetings needed only to discuss the type of things that people wanted to do on the ride, nothing more. It gets complicated when users begin discussing ways around the liability issues. This is something that no one needs to worry about as would take care of that".

There were 5 original founders to this ride last year. If I had to guess, I think their might have been a little animosity, over the fact, that they felt like they lost the majority of say so, when SW decided to sponsor the ride. I think the confusion came in, when the founders felt that, SW was just going to be a sponsor for their ride. I guess they didn't think that SW was going to take the ride over from them. I guess this was a major lack of communication. I guess this is like when, the right hand doesn't really know what the left hand is doing.

This ride started out as my idea, to me personally, I didn't care what you called it, or if you called it anything. I just wanted to get some great sled-heads together for a great time. I sure didn't expect all this confusion myself. In fact, I was told, that If I didn't like the way things were going, we could have our own ride. That was kind of a shock to me, I kinda thought this was our ride, It was my original idea, I had all the meetings, I did all the leg work...... But, Don't think for a minute I am patting myself on the back. You guys just ask me for the truth, so that is what I am offering.

SKIDOOD, you wanted to know who the people were. The meeting was posted on the forum. Why weren't you there?
Zert800, DanR, the meeting was open, what more can I say.
Corey, you didn't even make that meeting.

When we saw that the ride forum was deleted, we felt shocked. Not to say the least, somewhat let down. Nobody contacted us, to find out the facts first. That is why the last meeting was not held on the SW site, as we kind of felt like anything to do with the ride was no longer welcome there.

Oh, well. That doesn't matter. Snow is coming, there will be a ride and everyone is invited. January 11, 12 and 13th 2002.

Ride on..........

ZMachMan.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts