Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After popping a neck muscle and pulling your guts out, does anybody know a trick to getting these bad boys apart??

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, first of all you need the proper tools. 1) Clutch Holder #0644-058 2) Spider Removel tool #0644-087 3) Spider Nut Socket #0644-138 and a propane torch.

Auggie

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
DON'T HEAT IT UP TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy just screwed his... over heated it, stripped the threads.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've done a lot of them and just did mine I never wrecked one, heat up the spider close to the threads on three sides until the loc-tite brakes down, I use red when re-assembling if you can't get it I know a friend with a small repair/performance shop that will do it for about $25.00. :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
We use the red as well... but have you looked in the CAT book for rebuilds?? They call for green?!?!? Go figure!
Do you guys use the blue on the weight pin?? I know they are self locking, but I use just a drop on those as well.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Use purple on your weight pins. Purlpe is designed for bolts diameters smaller than 1/4".

·
Registered
277 Posts
242 blue works good on the weight pins or 290 wicking for light to medium strenth just put it on an assembled fastner and wicks through then sets up. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts