Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received a phone call that ISR and some of it’s affliates want to eliminate Improved Stock 1000 and Pro Stock 1000 and make it a combined class at 700lbs, it was also stated that the removal of aftermarket cylinders was also requested and the only cylinders you would be allowed to use are stock ones. If you race these classes and you like the way they are now, then you need to let the affliate that you race with know that you don’t want to see this happen and if the majority of you that race in these classes want it the way it is now then your affliate SHOULD reflect that in it’s vote by voting NO to any rules that would change the way these classes are now. Regardless whether the rules are the same or changed at the ISR rules meeting MSDRA will run Improved Stock 1000 and Pro Stock 1000 the way they are now with the only exception being that Pro Stock 1000 will be a 650lb weight class. Please email me with what you want to see happen and “MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME WHAT AFFLIATE YOU BELONG TO” that way I can print off the emails for presentation to whoever would like to see them. Thanks  --  Bill

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My feeling are that in any class that says stock in the name it should have stock only parts also a stock chassis and suspension but these parts can be modified to your needs if you want to run after market cylinders,heads, suspension,tunnel etc it should be considered mod and that is it,also any sled that has to run an improved class ie 600 improver, because it cannot run trail stock etc it should not be able to run any stock or trail stock class period,unless the sled can pass tech in it's own stock class.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For ISR to change this rule now after all the competitors have spent thousands of dollars on equipment is ridiculous. Why would they want to change the biggest classes they have unless Yamaha and Arctic are trying to throw their weight around so they can be competitive. Without the use of aftermarket cyl/ and parts in these classes where would our research and development be? Still running 660 mod old rotax motors, welded cylinders, ect, that only a few can do and far fewer competitors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My feeling are that in any class that says stock in the name it should have stock only parts also a stock chassis and suspension but these parts can be modified to your needs if you want to run after market cylinders,heads, suspension,tunnel etc it should be considered mod and that is it,also any sled that has to run an improved class ie 600 improver, because it cannot run trail stock etc it should not be able to run any stock or trail stock class period,unless the sled can pass tech in it's own stock class.

--------------
BIG RATS EAT CATS [/b][/quote]
I agree with snorat,it could only make for more even competition for guys who cannot afford the costly aftermarket parts.Also If it says "stock" in the class name all parts should be stock,chassi(tunnel,bulkhead,suspension,hood,bellypan etc),motorpartsstock parts but ported,bored,shaved etc.If people want to run aftermarket parts they should run mod only.I have seen to many sleds racing in these classes that the only dif between prostock and mod is that they have a hood on them and this is not fair for the guys that run stock parts but cannot run improver or trail stock because they cannot pass tech.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Snorat and Runner, I totally disagree with you on this.  We have been running these classes for a lot of years now, and a lot of people run in them.  Grab an ISR Book some time and read what each of the classes actually is.  I totally agree with Bill on this, they should leave it alone.  In this case, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!  Good luck Bill!!!!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I agree with Bill on this.trail stock, not passing tech why?the rules for trail stock are very broad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts