Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 PRO X 600 that im getting very soon, what mods should i do to it, Ive pretty much completed my MXZ project and now i want something else to tinker with.  What ive though of so far is:  Pipe, silencer, clutch kit, and vforce 3 reeds.  Anything else I should do to get more power.  Who makes a good engine head for this sled, or will make one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Every one says just buy the 700 but who wants the 700 that beats all other 700's when you can make the 600 beat the 700's which just makes you feel better when your so called little 6er beats the bigger sleds.  Thats my 2C's

Go hard buddy I am planning on putting a hot seat single pipe and clutch kit for my Pro X 600.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bought some light weight parts, EPI clutch, new track, and studs for my little 440 prox fan.  Try calling EPI, those guys know their polaris'.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if i bought a 700 (which i could NEVER get insurance for, and if i did it would be WAY to expensive) I would just be souping that up as well, and then people would say get an 800, i dont want an 800, too much money and insurance.  xc600, i was also thinking of the hotseat pipe and can, vforce 3 reeds, and a goodwin clutch kit.  does anyone have anything good to say about goodwin's on polaris??

·
Registered
303 Posts
i was originally going to go with a Goodwin clutch, but after talking to those guys and then talking to EPI, I decided EPI.  In my case Goodwin didnt know much about the prox's but i dont know if that is the case for XC SP's.  I know alot of people running both and it depends on what else is in the sled and how well the dial everything together.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tatalover, the EPI clutch kit is designed for stock motor w/ stock pipes, well since im going to have a hotseat chubby pipe and can, and vforce 3 reeds, its no longer stock.  so can i call up EPI and tell them all the mods ive done, how much i weigh, and all that good stuff to have them make a kit specifically for my sled?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did it last year with the 500 xcsp I had, I just called up talked to the tech and told him how much I weighted, what I did to the sled, and what I wanted the clutch to do. I set me up with springs, weights, and a helix and WHJAAAAAAAMMP, it worked great. I would maybe talk to Hot Seat like Myers said, it probably would be a good idea to do the total package from one guy, I know Hot Seat's has something already made up. Please they can give you specs on the performance increases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts