Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work the other day I got this crazy Idea to turn my 02 440 pro-x fan in to a mountin sled
I priced out the converson and figured I can do it for less than $1500. The one thing I'm worried about is the lack of HP. I was thinking I could get a set of 500 or 600 twin pipes and bolt them on. Does anyone make twin pipes for a 500 liquid? If not how much does it cost to get custom pipes made??

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
First of all there is no one making pipes for the prox chassis and the pipes off a edge (regular) will not fit.
this is because of the front suspension design and the lower placement of the motor.Another thing is that nobody I know of currently builds pipes for a fanner 440.I am sorry to say this but if you must have more power than jetting and clutching will allow,you are going to have to get a bigger sled.
Buy the time you get done getting custom pipes built and get it setup for the pipes you will have close to the same money into it as you would if you just bought a 500 liquid or a 600 liquid.
The 440 prox fan was basicly designed for stock class 440f racing this is why nobody hase come out with pipes etc for it.

Now I know that after reading this you are more than likly fuming and swearing under your breath because someone has just basicly told you to get a dif sled.

Sorry but it is the truth.So don't go on curseing etc because there is not much else you can do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I kind off figured the pipes wouldn't fit
 But the more I thought about it a 600 l/c did make more sense.  I did plan on clutching and gearing it
I ride the ditches and in the nothern part of the U.P. and after plowing through 3+ft of snow a 136" setup seemed the most economical setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts