Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I popped the hood on my 98 380 touring e lt, and there was some black oil on top of my belt guard and inside of hood as well in the bottom of the bay.

So as I started inspecting.. I noticed that there is one bolt missing going into the exhaust manifold and that the gasket had broken and was hanging out...

Would this be where the oily substance would be coming from? I'm thinking it's a bit too excessive to be something that would normally go through the exhaust but figured I'd ask anyways.

Also where can I get a new exhaust gasket? My normal supplier doesn't carry it for my model, atleast not in their catalogue.

thanks.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Could very well be coming through the blown exhaust gasket. Would assume a dealer could suppy the gasket, if not try RoyalDistributing.com. Make sure after you replace it and run the engine up to operating temps a few times you recheck the exhaust bolts for tightness (when cold).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could very well be coming through the blown exhaust gasket. Would assume a dealer could suppy the gasket, if not try RoyalDistributing.com. Make sure after you replace it and run the engine up to operating temps a few times you recheck the exhaust bolts for tightness (when cold).[/b]

you know of any other online suppliers.. Royal doesn't have the gasket.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
I just had my doo dealer order me 4 and they were there in 2 days. A good dealer will ship them to you after they get them if you pay for the part and shipping upfront. Makes it better when they are far away from you. Check all those allen bolts... if they are getting rusty get new as it is a pain to get them out when they start stripping. Now having said all that

I rebuilt my engine but had leaky y pipe (oil you are seeing) and just rode it fot 900 miles this yr. Finally had time to repair it right and did.... 25 miles later I am probably looking at replacing the piston again.... coincidence? I dunno

Never ending, I feel your pain. I actually hear this little voice in the back of my mind saying something about a BACK SWITCH or something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts