Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

My 94 XLT is hard to start when it's been sitting for a week or so. It seems to be flooding it's self and I have to pull it thirty times with WOT in order for it to start. Once it is started it runs great and fires up first pull everytime after that.

It ran fine in the spring when I put her away. I have put fresh gas in and cleaned all the carbs. What could be causeing this problem?

Let me know if I left out any information.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
what is WOT? I cant help ya. My sled started in one pull after being stored. It ran for 5 sec and quit. Pulled once more and ran perfect. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you think its flooding pull the crankcase plugs to see if gas runs out. (they are 10mm plugs under the exaust) xlts were noted for needle and seats.check your choke cables see if there sticking.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I OWN 3, 94 XLT SP'S AND EVERYONE DID THE SAME THING AS YOURS, CHANGE THE NEEDLE AND SEATS, IN THE CARBS, THEY COME WITH NEW VITON SEALS THAT SEAL OFF THE GAS, I AM 100% POSITIVE THATS YOUR PROBLEM. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU DRAIN THE CRANK CASE ALSO JUST LIKE VES 700 SAID JUST TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO GAS IN THE THERE. REMOVE THE 3, 10MM SOCKET HEAD BOLTS BELOW EACH CYLINDER ON THE CRANK CASE AT THE FRONT OF THE MOTOR JUST BE SURE NOT TO LOOSE THE LITTLE WASHERS THAT ARE ON THE BOLTS. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exactly is the needle and seat?

Is it that little needle with the spring loaded pin that's in the float bowl and pushed up by the flapper thing (lol) ?

Or the big needle that's on the round slide?

Sorry I know how to take carbs apart and put them back together but I'm not sure of all the components.

Is there a way of narrowing it down to which carb? Perhaps whichever drain has fuel come out of? The crankcase is sealed in-between is it not?

It's $30 cad per carb for the needle/seat. It would be nice to save some money if I only had to do one or two carbs.

Or should all three be done at the same time?

lol 101 questions. It's fun to learn. :D

·
Registered
692 Posts
im with blob 100% the 95 had the same problem what a pain in the A$$ it wouldnt hurt to turn gas off.
my buds had to turn the gas off and run it out of gas till he got it fixed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
take your carb off the sled flip it over, take out the 4 float bowl screws out remove the float bowl,the part that looks like a u is the float arm, remove the pin that part under it is the needle, remove the needle and unscrew the seat (10mm i think) replace is the reverse order, the float arm should be parrell to the carb body you bend the little tab that the needle sets againts with a little flat screw driver.
i would replace all 3 at one time, check around on price get them threw parts unlimited will be half the price of polaris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts