Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my 99 Zr 600 efi longtracked to a 144 X 2 track. Made the tunnel a little to long, but oh well. I am not going to redo it at this point.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, that extension came together fast eh. How did you make it?...is it powdercoated? congrats!

At least you didn't make it too short (like I did :whistling: ). I'm just glad I angled the flap out, so it should just long enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Snowcatr@Jan 5 2005, 02:52 PM
Wow, that extension came together fast eh.  How did you make it?...is it powdercoated?   congrats!

At least you didn't make it too short (like I did  :whistling: ).   I'm just glad I angled the flap out, so it should just long enough.
[snapback]384651[/snapback]​
Just took a sheet of .006 alluminum and cut it, then had a local shop put the two side bends on it and the rear bend. Matched the angle of the rear bend to the angle on my stock tunnel.

My sled had a towbar on it when I got it. I figured I could weld a piece of 2 X 2 by 1/8 inch angle iron to that and extend that to the back of the tunnel. That gave me a place to rivet the bottom of my tunnel down, plus let me use my factory rear handle and flap mounting points.

When I sit on it, it doesn't look as long as when it is up in the air

It has been snowing here for 24 hours, so I got impatient and just put a primer coat and two coats of black paint on it.

I think that rear deck is long enough for an ice fishing shack to ride on, so we have somewhere to rest and warm up at at noon. :lmao:

Took the money I saved buying a used track and put on a snostuff canister. Figured the weight savings would offset some of the added weight I put on, and the 6-7 extra hp would offset turning that 144 track.

Don't tell my wife about the pipe.

:dazed:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I thought about converting my old sled, but I just figured it would be easier to by a mountain seld......Well now the payments start over....... :bash:

looks nice, bet you will have alot more fun with your machine now!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goes in the deep now, thats for sure. I did take the extension back off and shorten it up, and then made a gas rack and relocated the taillight. A lot cheaper than a new sled. Now I am saving my pennies for a Crossfire 7 SP with a 2" track.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Snowcatr and dirtdr03, what is it your oem gearing of chaincase and present setup with 8 tooth sprocket???

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Snowcatr and dirtdr03, what is it your oem gearing of chaincase and present setup with 8 tooth sprocket???
[/b]
I still have the Stock 20 Tooth Upeer Gear and 39 Tooth lower gear. When I went with the no slip drive sprockets I had to cut the front of my rails at an angle because the sprocket teeht were hitting my rail caps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I don't. I just measured an 1 from the top and bottom and cut them to a parralel angle to facory. Then I notched the caps so you could get them against the hyfax .

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About 95 - 96 Running Parralel to a Pickup in the 121 Config.

Last week with new clutch springs I got 86 Running Parralell to the Same Pickup.

He was on Highway, I was on snowmobile trail that runs along highway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts