Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Project CitationSS *now for sale*

Would anyone mind if i did a daily update thingy? Would anyone get annoyed by it? I wont go on with this post, there would be a new one everyday. I would repsond to replies but i wont post the next days pics. Anyone object?

well, heres todays work

Cleaned it out with the hose and took random pics

Also cleaned the belt cover

Before

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pic of it leaning on its side- i didnt do anything to it, the aluminum just is really clean.

Oh, ill post pics tommorow of what i painted. Got quite a bit painted today.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Would anyone mind if i did a daily update thingy? Would anyone get annoyed by it? I wont go on with this post, there would be a new one everyday. I would repsond to replies but i wont post the next days pics. Anyone object?[/b]
no problem doing it and it gives us something to look at this summer, I only ask that we keep it in the proper section. This really belongs in the Skidoo forum. I have moved this post, you can start the rest there. You may also want to make it a weekly thing... JMO

BTW... looks good, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Looks like you got a great start to the rebuild now Nick.

It'll be great to watch the rebirth of your sled.

Do you have a name for this project?

Good Luck and keep it up.

Jeff

·
Registered
252 Posts
i expect to see that thing look like a brand new used 2007/ 1980 when your done younge man lol. its looking good glad to see your having fun with it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a name for this project?[/b]

hmm...daddy's old sled, my new sled

"one mans junk is another mans treasure"

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today, 5-1-07, put the muffler on the shelf, sandblasted another part of the suspension, put another coat of paint on things, and cleaned the middle bogie wheels.

didnt take many pics

Sandblasted part, Im not sure why, but i love this picture a lot.

another

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5-3-07

Sandblasted more little parts, spray painted things, just a little this and that. Cleaned drive sprocket. Also took off brake disc. Project for tomm. and this weekend is clean the disc and secondary. Also hopefully start sanding the buttom of the sled becasue the suspension is almost reasy to be put back together.

Heres the brake disk :lmao:

Secondary

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
hmm...daddy's old sled, my new sled

"one mans junk is another mans treasure"[/b]

I'm thinking,

"TAKIN PRIDE IN MY RIDE"

Keep it up. I've never seen anyone strip a sled down as much as you're doing.

Jeff

·
Registered
258 Posts
that rocks!!!!....you go!......I wish i had a sled sooner just so i could do things like this....keep it up and keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got back from ace hardware. Bought some screws for the suspension, cotter pins, and c-ring pliers. Those will be handy, ive noticed tons of c-rings, especially around bearings. (ex. rear bogie wheels)

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Just got back from ace hardware. Bought some screws for the suspension, cotter pins, and c-ring pliers. Those will be handy, ive noticed tons of c-rings, especially around bearings. (ex. rear bogie wheels)[/b]
you need help.... send me a mailing addy and I will send a donation for c-rings and stainless material. It wont be much, but if it keeps a young guy like you interested in mechanics and not etc.. it is worth it.

PS - I want 2 more updates b4 I send (and I am a man of my word) :cool:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i dont need any. Ace is just 2 mins away. If i need a c-ring ill go there.

But, thanks anyways

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
good to see someone really having fun with their sled. looks great and im sure it will be beautiful when its done

·
Registered
281 Posts
Keep up the good work! Just wait 'til you take it out for the first rip after getting it back together. Keep the old sleds alive :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts