Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up the first piece of the project tonight. I now have the '98 809. It'll be delivered to Zmachman to inspect this weekend. The motor is nice looking. The former owner had a new center cylinder installed after he first bought it as it had a sleeved one. It has nice looking stainless steel allen head bolts in the head also. It has also had the crank drilled in two spots my the dealer during the last inspection/porting for better oiling.  It also has the 97 ignition. The carbs look somewhat dirty but not bad for sitting in a garage all spring and summer. The motor spins very well. I'll take some pics in the morning for all to see. Definetly looks like a real nice deal for $1,000!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont think you struck to much excitement with your first post Dogg.  I think we need some pictures.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried but my step dad was busy on the golf course building a new tee box so he didn't have time to downloadthe pics off his memory card and i don't know how. I guess it'll have to wait till ZMachman gets it this weekend.  i did weight the motor,carbs , and all electronic and coils and the motor weighed 95LBS on a house scale so there is a rough idea of it's weight. That's without pipes also.
Caleb

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sled Dogg, ZMachman was just telling me about your plans.  We need some photos.  I am with alot of you that wish for a 3 banger in a new, lighter and technology filled chassis.  I miss the smooth, screaming sound and power of my old 3 banger, just don't miss the weight and miserably small amount of travel in the rear for Michigan trails.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I brought the pics of the chassis to the top for you to see. It's inh the thread titled something like 2000MXZX Chassis.
Caleb- Tator Tot

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks nice, gonna just scream with an 809.

I noticed your in Royal Oak, I'm in Lake Orion, used to live in Royal Oak.  Nice to see some fellow sledders from the area.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Caleb good to see the project is underway. Can't wait to see that thing in the POWDER. I will keep my eyes peeled for a136" 1.25" for ya

A

·
0 Posts
Hey Caleb, I hope that motor doesn't grow legs in the back of my truck on the way up north.  he he  

A

·
0 Posts
Caleb, you want to take some pics of the motor and post them?  If you drop it off tonight, we could snap some pics and post them if you want.

A

·
0 Posts
Caleb, we could take pics of it tonight if you want.  You should also consider doing a website under my community for the project.  It's a good place to post pics.

Rob

A

·
0 Posts
Say bye bye, now it's on its way to Zmachman to be gone through.  Hope they came out good enough for ya Caleb.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for taking the pics of my motor and for taking it up to Tim. I only paid $1,000 us dollars for al of this guys. A killer deal for sure.
Caleb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts