Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The project has begun. im taking the enigne out of both and switching them and modding any ohter things, here are some pic of the sleds befroe the start and last night after about an hour of just taking big stuff off. ill get some pic of the parts i already have up later tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are my two new track and am stilll buying another one to, one is a 136/2 the other a 121/1.75
C&A xt skis (7.25 inches wide)

the other pic is 3 racing ryde fx shocks, been trying to find the 4th to the set and there is literaly only about a dozen around, talk to two guys with them and they would not sell them even for huge amounts of money, probably end up making a custom shock.

got the tanks off to tonight, tomorrow in the pipes and airboxes and probably more stuff if i got the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I'm certainly jealous, I don't don't have a band playing nightly in my garage, nor do I have a love seat. I got's to start making some more coin! :tongue: Just Kiddin, good luck on your new project.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell me if I m worng but do you not have to run a stock sled in the uscc or did they chage the rules from last yr?[/b]
really putting a 440 pack in the 03 would make it back to stock just not the stock engine but they dont know that and dont care as long as its a stock engine for that sled. you can run a bug oem tank now to so that is really why im switching the engines so i can put a skidoo 44o seat on the 04 because its got the differetn steering post, plus the 04 has drop brackets making it better for jumping and tippy in corners, the 03 is lower and with a skid relocation (did last year already) and some limiters in the shocks it will take corner flatter and still be able to kill in the jumps.

Well, I'm certainly jealous, I don't don't have a band playing nightly in my garage, nor do I have a love seat. I got's to start making some more coin! :tongue: Just Kiddin, good luck on your new project.[/b]
ya the garage is nice, its 44 by 55 foot, really the only reason we have the house, this is also just one of the many toy holders we got, we have a big shop and two big storage shed at my parents ranch, shops are very important we own lots os equipment and toys. but thanks for the compliments guy.

got the pipes of last night and im going to have to do some fabing in the twin pipes, i broke a spring bracket and it bounced around and got beat up so sandblast, dill, pull, hamer, weld, grind and paint for them. also broke the engine torque arm somehow so either have to fix that or get a new one but they are like 80 bucks to fixing it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
here are my two new track and am stilll buying another one to, one is a 136/2 the other a 121/1.75
C&A xt skis (7.25 inches wide)
the other pic is 3 racing ryde fx shocks, been trying to find the 4th to the set and there is literaly only about a dozen around, talk to two guys with them and they would not sell them even for huge amounts of money, probably end up making a custom shock.

got the tanks off to tonight, tomorrow in the pipes and airboxes and probably more stuff if i got the time.[/b]

crazy, i just sold the rear set of those shocks to a buddy of mine. not sure if they're the same eye to eye but they fit a rev and they went into his sc-3. if u know anyone looking for the fronts ive still got them here.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it been a long summer and time to work on sled has been zero, work was busy. so im back on the path and with some stuff bought online and at haydays im going again. need to buy a few more thing but here are pic to show where im at. need to take the rest of everything out, wash, weild a few cracks and start butting everything bakc together. also need to clean up a little to go onto the next round.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nice shop / dance hall.

Good place for a "Hoe Down" for a bunch of sled heads.

Good luck with your racing career.

So are you back in school now working towards that job at Polaris?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice shop / dance hall.

Good place for a "Hoe Down" for a bunch of sled heads.

Good luck with your racing career.

So are you back in school now working towards that job at Polaris?

Jeff[/b]
yep back in school, its kind funny though, i have more time now being is school then i did in the summer because i worked so much. now im work 18 to 20 a week and go to school instead of 50 to 60 hours in 5 days and then work on the weekend to at the ranch. school is going well though, on my way to being a mechanical engineer, hopefully some day for polaris.

yes the garage is nice, the stage is going to come down here this fall though, we never use it anymore. my friends and i used to play just about every night but we are all so busy now we never play so it just kinda a work bench now.

hopefully i can pull it as a racer. getting my sled to run strong is going to me my biggest challange, riding hard has really become second nature to me now so its not my biggest worry. i have to get the 440 running strong though because im running it in the 440 class and the 600 stock. im using 110 race heads though so it put out about 5 HP short of a 600 but not near the torque. if i can get it clutched well and take people in corners i should be able to do well.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well been working when i have had time (like zero) and have been slowly putting my sleds back together. this is the SledAsylum post child sled basically and really my play sled. i have the wrong shocks on right now (just put them on to(well havent done it yet) aline the sterring, started rebuilding my ryde fx race ones tonight but was tired and threw in the towel. the rest of the sled will hopefully be put togetehr this weekend if im not in montana elk hunting (everything put hood, getting paiinted next week). i put the trailing arms from my 03 on this on and over sprayed them with some silver auto motive paint. working on getting the seat all mounted. i spend alot of time welding on this thing and bending the chassis back to pretty straight so its come a long way. also it got carbon fiber bumbers, will have billet wheels, 1.75 track, another 136/2 track with other skid with 8 inch wheels. u cooler will go in this weekend or next week. shocks are rebuild for rear just need to put skid back together. black spring on the front, alum skid plate and to top it all off the 149 HP twin piped 660 mod motor. what do you all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow bud, sleds are looking NOICE! haha just a purdy sight[/b]
thanks, it took alot of time here and there to get it looking like it was now. probably spend 15 hours welding bending and gring straighten, strengthen, and clean up this thing. got probably another4 hours of fab to do left to get everything bolted in (seat, new oil res mounts and pull cord, warmer button, and tether.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
well been working when i have had time (like zero) and have been slowly putting my sleds back together. this is the SledAsylum post child sled basically and really my play sled. i have the wrong shocks on right now (just put them on to(well havent done it yet) aline the sterring, started rebuilding my ryde fx race ones tonight but was tired and threw in the towel. the rest of the sled will hopefully be put togetehr this weekend if im not in montana elk hunting (everything put hood, getting paiinted next week). i put the trailing arms from my 03 on this on and over sprayed them with some silver auto motive paint. working on getting the seat all mounted. i spend alot of time welding on this thing and bending the chassis back to pretty straight so its come a long way. also it got carbon fiber bumbers, will have billet wheels, 1.75 track, another 136/2 track with other skid with 8 inch wheels. u cooler will go in this weekend or next week. shocks are rebuild for rear just need to put skid back together. black spring on the front, alum skid plate and to top it all off the 149 HP twin piped 660 mod motor. what do you all think.[/b]
What's the horsepower on the corvette under the cover in the background?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's the horsepower on the corvette under the cover in the background?[/b]
i know you were going to ask that mike. its a 66 427 stingray. dad had it for 25 years. its all original, make 425 HP. really nice car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I can't believe I didn't notice the C2 under that cover....... I must be slipping...

Sled looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
looks great,
I thought that all of the cable extensions that I had to do to my sled to put the summit riser on was tough. We had to extend the throttle cable, and all other cables that were way too short for the summit riser.

-Frank

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks great,
I thought that all of the cable extensions that I had to do to my sled to put the summit riser on was tough. We had to extend the throttle cable, and all other cables that were way too short for the summit riser.

-Frank[/b]
yep thats what happens, brake lines, light wires, kill switch and it keeps going. well if going hunting now not leaving until saturday so i have from 12 on friday and on to work on the two so hopefully ill get another pick up soon.

·
Registered
465 Posts
yep thats what happens, brake lines, light wires, kill switch and it keeps going. well if going hunting now not leaving until saturday so i have from 12 on friday and on to work on the two so hopefully ill get another pick up soon.[/b]
good luck with the sleds, and by the way, how is the jump going?

-Frank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts