Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Originally posted by skidoo_king_pin@Dec 27 2004, 11:13 AM
w00tI've been thinking about that or the beaver tail delete kit. Nice job, looks great.
What was the total cost without the track or studs?
[snapback]380158[/snapback]​
My kit was about $1400 Cdn but I'll be recouping 3 or 4 hundred of that by selling off the parts I removed. The track swap was pretty much a wash, if you shop around, take your time you can buy a 136 for about the same as what you can sell your 121 for. The Summit rack was $100 Cdn (used) ... I've seen them go for as little as $30 US tho .....

BTW ..... I did a BTD kit right after this for a buddy with an '03 800X. The whole kit was $400 Cdn shipped and looked perfect. PM me for the info if you like.

Michael

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Mike, on Monday I was by that clearing near Whitney where you tried out DP's sled. There wasn't a single track on it. It had your name written all over it :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well guys, I rode Mike's new and improved REV on the weekend and I will say its a really nice job. It rode well,pulls the track great and worked well off trail and hill climbing.No perceivable loss of top speed either.

Good Job Mike.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
**UPDATE**

I LOVE IT!!

The conversion was everything I expected and more. If you are sitting on the fence thinking of doing this ..... do it!

To handle the added "geometrical" stress of tail landings I increased my rear pre load setting up 2 and my forward skid setting 1. To compensate for the additional straight line effect of the longer track (and 108 studs) I dialed the ski weight up 1.

NO ADVERSE HANDLING OR COOLING ISSUES WHATSOEVER.

Michael

P.S. It looks kinda funky (in a good way) with both tail lights hooked up, and the extra visibility in blowing snow and lake running snow dust conditions is a plus.

And Donavan ... I haven't got it stuck .... yet!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you have to gear down with adding on the extension? Also with an 04 do you need to change out the heat exchanger? I'm looking at doing this fall but using a 1 1/2" 15x136 and no studs. What about clutching changes?

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Originally posted by Stosh@Feb 6 2005, 04:52 PM
Did you have to gear down with adding on the extension?  Also with an 04 do you need to change out the heat exchanger?  I'm looking at doing this fall but using a 1 1/2" 15x136 and no studs.  What about clutching changes?
[snapback]398855[/snapback]​
I didn't require any clutching or gearing changes, mind you, I'm only 170 lbs. With the '04, you should be able to stay with the original exchanger as it is further back.

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts