Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 zr 900 sno pro, which the drive clutch is not too healthy on. I am not sure for this year what size of clutch it should have, either a 8" or 8 1/2" and 6 bolt or 9 bolt cover. It now has a 8" 6 bolt cover one but it doesnt seem too get the top end out of it that it should. It tops out at barely 100mph. Anyone with any info would be appreiciated Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your sled should have the 6 bolt as far the size I'm not sure, but i'm going to venture to guess that you are ok. Did you just buy this sled?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
A clutch from any late model Cat (6 tower) should fit, other than the 1000cc twin, it has a bigger crank bore.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts

but question what is your weights,springs and your secondary set up ie helix/spring

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
As a note, the clutches from the 1000cc twin (2007 or 2008) is a 35mm crank diamater.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your sled should have the 6 bolt as far the size I'm not sure, but i'm going to venture to guess that you are ok. Did you just buy this sled?[/b]
No, i bought it last season, this is the first ive bought with a twin, im used to triples. What ive found out is there is a 6 bolt 8" and a 6 bolt 8 1/2" and a 9 bolt 8 1/2" but ive been told the 6 bolt 8 1/2" is ment for the ACT drive sleds, which im to sure exactly what that means. The sled does say act on the driven clutch plus on the back of the sled by the bumper but to be sure if it has act drive im dont know, but i guess that if it should have the 8 1/2" that would be the reason it doesnt have top end like it should. Does that make sence? I just dont want to buy the wrong one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

but question what is your weights,springs and your secondary set up ie helix/spring[/b]
Im not too sure what is in it, all i know is the rollers on each ramp has wore it self into the spider and the spider needs too be replaced, but since ive found all this other stuff out that there is different sizes of housings im not too sure of what to do, replace the spider and hope for the best or replace the whole clutch with the bigger diameter one and see if i get more top end. Any suggestion? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
0725-374

6bolt 8inch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts