Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if i can change the old PRS front suspension to a newer style. I am planning to change the rear to a sc-10 in the spring or if something breaks there sooner....I was thinking though that if i was going to do the rear, i might as well do the front if i can find a machine i can get both from......the shocks on my 1993 mach 1 go a different way than that of a 97 mach z , can this be changed as easily as the rear?

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
ever think about doing the boivin upgrade to that skid? they handle the corner much flater than the sc-10. are you refering to the shocks direction? like which side (body or rod) is mounted to the stationary mount?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
It would be way expensive to change the 1993 PRS push rod / bellcrank suspension to a direct shock action set up like your 1997. The PRS front system has quite a few upgrades in the form of replacing worn out bushings and installing 1/2" longer stroke shocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be way expensive to change the 1993 PRS push rod / bellcrank suspension to a direct shock action set up like your 1997. The PRS front system has quite a few upgrades in the form of replacing worn out bushings and installing 1/2' longer stroke shocks.[/b]

thanx doc.... longer shocks is what i need

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
my prs sled is hard on springs sitting compressed :confused: . the shocks doc speaks of are a good option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my prs sled is hard on springs sitting compressed :confused: . the shocks doc speaks of are a good option.[/b]

I just noticed the top cast portion of the shock on the left front is cracked,just the cast collar around the top... how bad is this? and how much are the upgrade shocks you guys speak of? do they replace the coil spring too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts