Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '89 Skidoo Mach 1 (that I love) with the crappy mono-shock suspension. I can get the full suspension system from a '96 formula 3 (600) for a reasonable price. Both are 121".

Several questions:

Will it bolt up?
If I have to re-drill, does anyone have dimensions re: exactly where to drill?
Is it a worthy upgrade? I don't want to trade one pig for another.

Thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
938 Posts
96 is C7 I believe. I'm fairly sure it will bolt in. However it is only a minor improvement..

...so if it's free, do it. If not, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have an '89 Skidoo Mach 1 (that I love) with the crappy mono-shock suspension. I can get the full suspension system from a '96 formula 3 (600) for a reasonable price. Both are 121".

Several questions:

Will it bolt up?
If I have to re-drill, does anyone have dimensions re: exactly where to drill?
Is it a worthy upgrade? I don't want to trade one pig for another.

Thanks!

Bob[/b]
I did it with my 91 and it was pretty easy.

Few notes:

Tunnel on the PRS is wider so you need shims to go between the axle ends. If I remember correctly it was 1/2 inch per side shim. I used heavy washers I found at a local nut and bolt shop as well as longer gr8 bolts, washers and lock washers.

I measured the donor sled for front to rear arm distance (use a few sheets of paper taped together, trim them to fit and use a pencil and rub the mount locations so you now have a template. then I temporarily installed the mounts and verified the clearance at the front rail then mounted the donor brackets. Note the rear bracket looks like it is a direct bolt in but it has to actualy move back compared to the DSA chassis.

The sled actually worked real good with the C7 improved compared to the stock PRS POS. I had lots of fun riding it with the new skid. I also added newer plastic ski's and we painted the front wheels red and a set of HPG's out back.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did it with my 91 and it was pretty easy.

Few notes:

Tunnel on the PRS is wider so you need shims to go between the axle ends. If I remember correctly it was 1/2 inch per side shim. I used heavy washers I found at a local nut and bolt shop as well as longer gr8 bolts, washers and lock washers.

I measured the donor sled for front to rear arm distance (use a few sheets of paper taped together, trim them to fit and use a pencil and rub the mount locations so you now have a template. then I temporarily installed the mounts and verified the clearance at the front rail then mounted the donor brackets. Note the rear bracket looks like it is a direct bolt in but it has to actualy move back compared to the DSA chassis.

The sled actually worked real good with the C7 improved compared to the stock PRS POS. I had lots of fun riding it with the new skid. I also added newer plastic ski's and we painted the front wheels red and a set of HPG's out back.[/b]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!

Scott, thanks for the pics. They're worth 2,000 words. It looks like you moved the front mount down and back. Did you use your mounts and move them, the donor-sled mounts, or fab something new?

I am going with the SC10 after all. I don't actually have it yet, so I have a dumb question: Does it mount with only two attachment points (per side) unlike the POS PRS three-point attachment?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts