Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions on how well PSI singles work on a Polaris. Have heard good things about their center dump pipes. Looking for constructive replies - good or bad. I was interested in purchasing one.

Does anyone have any real world experience using one?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is PSI still in business? I think you will find a lot of us on here like SLP singles for Polaris twins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is PSI still in business? I think you will find a lot of us on here like SLP singles for Polaris twins.[/b]
Yes, PSI is still in business. Their single pipes worked well according to those I"ve spoken with.....I dare say bettter than SLP!

I do realize that SLP seems to have a very large following.....problem is they don't make a pipe for my application. I"ve spoken with them on a few occassions and they do not have a direct fit pipe for me, other wise I would consider an SLP as well......or Dynoport.

The sled is an 02' 700 SKS - GEN II chassis with 700 VES engine......yes, they made this one year. NO ONE else makes a pipe for this model. I'm sure one could be "made to fit" but they cost alot more $$$ and usually require the sled in order to fabricate. I am not near to any of these places to start hauling my sled around.

PSI was one of the only companies that claimed they had a pipe to fit. Just looking for other opinions...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
the slp single will make you happy. its not all about added peak hp like psi claims. its about usable midrange power that you will love on the trail. you wont believe the difference the slp single will make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the slp single will make you happy. its not all about added peak hp like psi claims. its about usable midrange power that you will love on the trail. you wont believe the difference the slp single will make.[/b]
I agree, SLP makes a great pipe......and I'd be happy to try one since I have a local dealer that sells their stuff, but they DON'T have a pipe for my application.

Any of the dyno articles I've read/seen (dynotech research) show PSI singles to have a very BROAD powerband and equal or better peak HP than SLP, but I take them with a grain of salt. I'd like some real world comments from guys that have acutally used a PSI single on their Polaris sled.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
an edge pipe may fit, i know the teh genII and edge chassis are ever close, you can even put a edge hood on a genII no problem, see if you can compare your pipe to someone with a edge and see if it may fit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
an edge pipe may fit, i know the teh genII and edge chassis are ever close, you can even put a edge hood on a genII no problem, see if you can compare your pipe to someone with a edge and see if it may fit[/b]
That is a good idea......but I'll have to wait since the local sled shop has sold out just about every SLP pipe they had in stock. They are waiting to get their stock built up again. From what SLP has told me, a 09-820 Y pipe from an 01'Edge Non-Ves 800 and a single pipe from an edge 700 VES 09-834 pipe will be a close fit....but the exit hole may be different and the shock tower mounts won't quite match up?? At least this is what I've been told.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it will definately be worth it.[/b]
The problem is.....this is hear-say. They would not gaurantee it would fit in any way, nor would they gaurantee any clutching or jetting specs. I suspect jetting and clutching specs would be close to what an 02' RMK 700 would use.

Minor modifications is fine, but I don't want to start cutting holes in belly pans and trimming hoods, etc, etc. Maybe the fitment is very close? Problem is noone is going to let you take it home and try it, and then if it doesn't fit, just refund your money happily. I asked SLP if they would be willing to do that for me and they were very hesitant - pretty much a no-go.

I guess best bet would be to try and find someone that is running an edge pipe and see how close the fitment is?

Has anyone used a PSI single? How was fitment and performance??

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
see if can can find a friend with a egde 700 and conpare pipes, as i said if it fits the SLP would fit just the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see if can can find a friend with a egde 700 and conpare pipes, as i said if it fits the SLP would fit just the same[/b]
What about a set of twin pipes? Anyone uses a set of twin pipes on a 700 VES?? Have heard they can be finnicky in comparsion to the twin.

SLP, PSI, CPI, etc?? Any comments on how well they work??

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
assuming you mean twins vs single, yes. twins are usually high rpm pipes that move your engines power up so high thats its hardly usable. singles are designed for the trail performance guy. twins are for racing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What about a set of twin pipes? Anyone uses a set of twin pipes on a 700 VES?? Have heard they can be finnicky in comparsion to the twin.

SLP, PSI, CPI, etc?? Any comments on how well they work??[/b]
i use psi twin pipes on my 2001 800 and im alot happier with these than anything else ive used

1 - 16 of 16 Posts