Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okee, finally got my darn chaincase gasket that was on backorder, so I was able to start the old dogsled tonight.
It's revving at 4500. Won't idle down. What da hey? Where should I start looking?

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ya check the throttle and did you rebuild the carbs by chance?

·
Registered
24 Posts
open the garage door, and put a big fan by your exhaust to port the exhaust out... then it's puff puff pass . . . puff puff pass.... :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
check your idle screw and air/fuel screw.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks like what a party looks like here in St. Cloud. :) Sorry, I really can't help you with your problem.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven't touched the carbs. All I did was disconnect the throttle cable at the handlebars when I took the bars off. The throttle has full, loose motion. Doesn't seem to be sticking. Maybe I'll check the screws, but if they're in the same position they were before (since I haven't touched them) everything should be the same.

I had the garage door open for 3 hours after that picture, and yet the garage still smelled like 2stroke this morning! Yum yum!

1 inch of snow today, gotta get this thing straightened out quick.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Maybe somewhere in the throttle cable it got pinched or punctured? Could be a lot of things, make sure the cable is on and connected tight, then check movement of it on the carbs, and if that isn't it who knows?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ahh yes, try to take off the choke till it warms up a bit then put it on a little, see if it will stop spinning as high....

·
Registered
959 Posts
todie had it right its puff puff pass... hehe put some wd-40 on the cable and work it in

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by horsepower@Nov 12 2002, 07:00 PM
does it rev at 4500 when the motors warm. if not choke it good thats what i do and it works until warmed up
I didn't let the engine get very warm. I think I ran it 6 or 7 times for a total running time of maybe 2 minutes or so.

Ran it without the choke. Only need the choke to start it at first. After that, it starts and stays running. Hopefully be able to take a look at it tonight. It has to be something simple.

I also have to get the taillight working and adjust the headlight (you can see it shoots up in the air.)

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I just adjusted the screw on the carb end of the throttle cable. IT's all good now. Runs wicked. We got about 4 inches today, so I ran it a few minutes. fun fun fun...I can't sit still now. Gave it a little throttle and she took off like a rocket. Rides 1000000 times better with my new skid in it and new track on. Just have those head and tail light adjustments/fixes and then slap the body back on and I'm rollin'! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts