Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Arctic Cat Panther and I love it. The pull cord rope came off. How do put the rope or cord back on? Is it hard to put on? How long will it take?

Please help!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Remove bolts from recoil cover and remove,pull whats on whats left of the rope to wind the spring all the way, hold the spool so the spring stays wound, while holding the spool tight w/one hand remove rope (old) with the other and insert new rope through the spool whole(knot tied already) and through cover whole, let go of spool and the rope will wind itself back up, remount recoil and rout the end of your rope and replace handle, use blue locktite on cover bolts as they will vibrate loose. Takes 15 to 20 mins, faster once you have done it before. Did it on my King this weekend in 10mins.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 1999 Arctic Cat Panther and I love it. The pull cord rope came off. How do put the rope or cord back on? Is it hard to put on? How long will it take?
Please help!!![/b]

thanks for the info. The recoil cover, is that down by the reverse? I just don't want to take off the wrong thing.

Thanks for all your help everybody.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Your recoil is bolted to the mag side of the motor.
The same side as the battery, chaincase and reverse lever.
You may need to remove your battery, pipe and muffler to easily access the recoil assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your recoil is bolted to the mag side of the motor.
The same side as the battery, chaincase and reverse lever.
You may need to remove your battery, pipe and muffler to easily access the recoil assembly.[/b]

Well I thank all of you for your help. I'm new to snowmobiling but I love it.

I went to put the coil back on with the new cord but the coil does not spring back, the cord will not retract, What do I have to do to get my beautiful snowmoblie running again?

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please help!!![/b]
Would it be the spring? How hard or expensive to fix?

·
10,054 Posts
might be wise to take it to the dealership (just the recoil) and have them do it for you,,, ask to watch them,,, shouldnt cost too much and may save you a heartache later on this winter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts