Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a trick to tieing the handle on the pull rope? i got a new handle and i can not get the knot to hold no matter what. and if it flies off on the trail i'm screwed.... thanks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
is there a trick to tieing the handle on the pull rope? i got a new handle and i can not get the knot to hold no matter what. and if it flies off on the trail i'm screwed.... thanks[/b]
Some have a metal pin you tie the rope around and it snaps into a slot on the back side of the handle. I also seen some with a rubber plug you thread the rope through the handle and plug then tie the knot . The only ones I ever had to do was the older sleds when you tied a few knots to keep it from pulling out and wrap it up with electrical tape.

mutt

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
First you need to melt the rope end with a lighter then fashion the melted nylon into a ball at the end of the rope. The correct not is a figure 8 so make a loop at the end of the rope and twist it twice. Pass the loose end of the rope through the loop eye and pull it tight. You may need to try it a few times to get the end of the rope just right. Never leave frayed ends on nylon cords as they will always slip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i can not get the knot to hold no matter what. and if it flies off on the trail i'm screwed.... thanks[/b]
Your not completly screwed.....make sure you carry a tie down strap or a extra piece of rope with you....if the pull cord breaks or the knot comes undone, take your piece of extra rope or tie down strap...wrap it around the clutch housing and give her a yank...just be sure to wrap it the right way so the motor spins in the proper direction once pulled...It works, I've done it to get a friends old exciter out of the woods. I always carry a extra tie strap with me on my sled... incase someone needs a tow or your pull cord breaks. Alot of new sleds actually come with a extra piece of strapping in the tool kit, thats for emergency starting purposes. :christmas:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts