Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's sled is a 1992 Indy 500. I just replaced the plugs and coil, and it's running really nice, with one exception. We went out this weekend, and when we stopped for gas, when I went to pull start it, the rope became loose and it wouldn't engage. When the sled sat for a while and cooled down, everything was fine. When we got home, same thing - sled was warm and the rope was loose and wouldn't engage, but the next morning it was fine. Is this a clutch issue, or something worn in the starter? I just want an idea before I start tearing things apart.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
At the very least it needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Just inspect for worn parts while you're at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the very least it needs to be taken apart and cleaned. Just inspect for worn parts while you're at it.[/b]
That's my plan in a couple weeks. Trails close in WI on April 1, so with only a couple more weeks to ride, I think we'll cross our fingers until then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's my plan in a couple weeks. Trails close in WI on April 1, so with only a couple more weeks to ride, I think we'll cross our fingers until then.[/b]

Until repairs are made, try a short, quick snap of the handle to engage the starter pawls, then give the usual yank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts