Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im pullin my motor out of my 1997 zr 580 today the cylinders, heads and carbs are already out...any suggestions? when i put it back in should i do it piece by piece or complete?? lemme know soon cuz i just fired up the heater in the shop

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you are pulling the motor out to do a rebuild do everything on the bench that way if you drop a bolt or something in the engine you can dump it over to get it out also its easier to keep everything clean and in order on the bench you may need a friend to hold it when torquing things up unless have rebuild stand to hold it. If you are just doing the top end (cyl.,pis.,etc.) leave it in the sled much less work involved, just dont drop anything hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Definately do it on the bench complete.  You can see exactly what you are doing, and it will be much easier on your back.  Have somebody help you put it back in.   That is also a lot easier on your back and you don't have to worry about moving throttle cables and any other thing that gets in your way.  Also, a second pair of hands helps you align your motor correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts