Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the top end on a 99 touring SLE with the 503 Fan. I'm only pulling to check because of mileage.....I lost track at 6K. The engine has never been apart.

Here's the sticker...Warning cageless nedle beargings. So what the wirst pin bearing don't have anything holding them togather ? How does that work and what's the best way to do this with out looseing them into the crank case.

At 6K is there any thing I should know about these motors. I have never had a problem, and it's on it's 3rd set of plugs. I'm wondering how thin the ring's are....don't want to hook a port.

It's only had synetic oil since 500 miles and it's NEVER been riden cold......my sled's are warmed up before they so much as get the track broke loose....and followed up buy 2 or 3 lap's around the house. So I guess a little care can make thing's last longer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Put down plenty of rags around the lower end so none of the needle bearings fall into the lower half. A needle bearing left in a motor that is reasembled will take out piston or cylinder or more.
Also with 6000 miles on synthetic oil it's more like 3000 miles on the motor if it was taken care of. So I would'nt be pulling it apart without a reason, or at least a compresion test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts