Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased another sled 04 cat f7 sno pro < green of course > Not too sure where to hook up the plug for the shield. In other words.. HELP!!! Is it the lighting coil wire? Which someone told me, but they couldn't tell me what color wires too splice into. Not in the mood to take it to the dealer again to be charged for something I know I can do with some help.. Also will be doing a 05 sno pro f7 assuming it will be pretty much the same as mine.. Thanks in advance, knowing you and everyone else will help with this question.. Also didn't mean too just single you out but know your knowledge with these sleds... Auggie

·
10,054 Posts
You should have 2 plugs that you can hook directly in to. One is located just to the right of your steering column (as you are looking at the sled from the front),,,, if should be nothing more than a plug (2 prong with a brown and yellow wire coming into it). The other plug is behind your speedo. You can get to it by pulling the foam down from the underside of the hood.

The brown is your ground and the yellow is your hot. You can get the other end of this plug right from your cat dealer (fairly cheap),,, it will hook right into this adapter and then you simply wire the hot and ground right into your end.

I prefer the one beside the steering column as you can fish the wire right up and bring it out at the bottom of your handlebar risers.

I can take some pics of mine if you need me to. Just let me know. Good luck

Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess I should have asked this also.. Do you have a suggestion on a taller handle bar riser?? I tend to stand alot. I myself am 5'11'' tall.. Hate being hunched over when standing up..

·
10,054 Posts
I went from the stock 4 1/2 to a stock 6 1/2,,, I really liked it for a while but I also like to stand and ride from time to time. I ended up with a 10" riser (yep, it looks like ape hangers, but it is very very comfortable when riding sitting down or standing up),,,

I got the 10's from idooski (from here at sw). They are custom billet, they look great, they are very high quality, and he will stand behind his work. I would highly recomend getting in touch with him. He has pics of mine as well as an 06 firecat he put 10's on. You can put a 10 on yours without stretching any of your other cables. He also offers risers in various other heights,,,, send him a pm and see what he can do for you.

Again, good luck
Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10's holy crap..lol Was thinking 7 but what the heck.. I'll get a hold of him.. another question, did you stay with the stock bar??

·
10,054 Posts
yes, still have the stock bar on it,,, but idooski makes bars also,,, personally, I like mine, but ya never know, I could have some of his on my sled before long too,,, LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts