Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in need of some help and ideas on what i need to do to put a 440 snomobile motor in my honda odyssey any help and ideas would be great thank you

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm in need of some help and ideas on what i need to do to put a 440 snomobile motor in my honda odyssey any help and ideas would be great thank you[/b]
Just finished getting my FL250 with a 73-74 Rupp 440 installed, Comet 102c primary clutch and stock fl250 belt, secondary and gearbox.

Make sure you get the engine mounted such that the primary and secondary line up correctly.
I had to cut into the right rear fender to accommodate the pull start on the engine.

The guy who mounted the engine originally cut the rear of the frame and moved the axel back several inches. I would recommend installing the motor mounts UP higher so you don't make the wheel base any longer on the odyssey. It's turning radius is bad enough originally.

Runs beautifully. Belt is too narrow for primary at the moment, so the engine revs higher before engaging.

See this thread:
http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forum/index...&pid=479290
Final specs on the setup are on page 3.

www.pilot-odyssey.com is the place to start for mods to Fl250, Fl350, and FL400's

What engine are you planning to implant? Is this a fl250 or fl350 recipient?

-Lumley

1 - 2 of 2 Posts