Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to tell everyone the latest on the testing with the PYRO 2000. I had stated that I tried many different probes and got erratic readings at certain throttle settings. I recieved my EGT AVENGER probes last week and used them on the new engine. They are the way to go, they do respond slower than the exposed tip types which is to be expected, but work flawless.

I am not advertising for neither PYRO 2000 nor EGT but the combination works great. In my opinion there should be no other probe available. This would eliminate much of the problems I and others had gone through.

GLH

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Tought I'd put this in General for everyone to see.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
;) :blahblah:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks GLH! I pretty much swore off egts, always said they should come with a spare set of pistons included, LOL. Maybe I'll give your combo a shot. Where do you find the best probe placement on a doo y pipe?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i heard that hillpounder,i wish we could find the right place to put the probes , i've got to locate them for my twin pipes on my 900. my localthat i had them in last year did'nt help me out. the directions say 4-6 inches from the piston , that is a long area? i'm trying the led alarm set up this year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts