[attachmentid=28096] w00t
[attachmentid=28097] w00t

Rick :sarcasm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

not to clean Ryan we had some fun though...will take my old dig with me on one of the rides...plastic bag & all...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My brother usually takes his old film camerea with him. Doesn't cost as much to replace and if it gets a little wet there's not much for electronics to go to heck on it. I'd take mine out with me but I'm always scared of somehow wiping out on my bike for some reason and landing on it. Those dig cameras are tough but I don't think they'd take 250 lbs to well. :eek:hmy:

I don't know if your bike had drum brakes or disc brakes, but if it has drum it's not a bad idea to take out the drain plug on them and drain any water and maybe even try to wash some of the mud out of them. Just somethig I thought I'd mention in case you had drum brakes.

As long as you had fun that's the main thing.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took mine out with us once when Claudette came along took a bunch of pictures and don't ask me why but I deleted them when I was done down loading them smart eh...

disc brakes Ryan I just had all the wheels off and your right I guy should take your wheels off and clean man I had binder all kind of bad things in there I do wash it after most rides....today I think I will go to the car wash in warren she needs it ....plus I need some fresh air too....I will have to cut the grass when I get back so I think I have my afternoon taken care of...

We had a blast all we need is for it to warm up some ....

here is the spec on my Quad Ryan

http://www.tiresntoys.com/view_product.cfm?prodid=48787

it even has the tire sizes Ryan

Rick

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here you go Ryan I took a few pictures of the tires for ya ....plus one of the clean Quad too...

[attachmentid=28138][attachmentid=28139]

[attachmentid=28140][attachmentid=28141]

[attachmentid=28142] :hallo1:

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Rick, that's a mean looking quad now with them new tires on there. :D

Checked the tire size today and your rims are 1" bigger then ours so unfortunatley that's a no go. I was hoping they would fit, those ones of yours are just like new yet. I guess the old ones will go another summer. :)

There can be some nasty stuff build up in them brakes, sure reaks havoc on them too. I don't think disc brakes are as bad as drum brakes though.

The temp has acutally been not to bad here lately. Few nights where it's gotten pretty cold out but the afternoons usually warm up pretty good now. The wind comes up just about every day though that's the part I don't like.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yes Ryan it looks better now but I'm still shocked how it goes though the mud in 2 wheel drive .....I used to have to use 4x4 ....

To bad now they have to mess up my garage...only so long I will find a new home for them...

no the brakes are doing well I keep them pressure washed out...

It's been cool here we have had frost a few nights...

Went out to Brandon today on work have not been there in some time sure has changed .... seen Summit out the way working on some pipeline...lot's of work out that way...

Getting better still a little under the weather though...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Does it float any better with them new tires on or do you still sink down in the mud?

Yes it is to bad about them tires, hopefully you can find a good home for them out there.

We had frost a couple of weeks ago when we had that little bit of snow, since then it hasn't dipped down that cold yet. Kind of cloudy here this morning I don't know if it's going to rain or what it's going to do.

There's a auction coming up in Roblin that I would like to go to. It's a sawmill auction. There's a guy there that also has a track for my old skiroule that I'ld like to pick up. Don't know if we'll go or not though. It's on the end of may.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yes it sure does Ryan ....not as bad ....sure to bad you could not use them but what do ya do....I will try to find them a home...

your talking Roblin Manitoba do ya have a link for that one Ryan...

Roy,Dan, Hap & myself went out last night for a ride she sure is drying up around here....3 weeks ago where you had a rough time there is no and I mean no water there....we got on a trail we have not been down and yep we found water.....Roy was right to the top of his seat dead in the water....boy did we laugh...he's 84 acting like he's 48...Hap got stuck in the deep hole too...Dan & myself made her though but just she was deep ..

To far to go back we where looking right at the highway it was 100 yards away...we got home just after dark it was fun...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Here's a link to the sale Rick, yes it's in Roblin Mb. Hodgins auctions has the sale. They're from here. auction

The ground is really drying out here too. Still a long ways from a drought, but all that extra water we had is disapearing pretty quickly.

Crazzy old bugger ehh Rick :D :D As long as he's having fun I guess ehh. Probabaly keeps him young.

Good to hear that your having a blast in the mud, You'd hate to get in to deep though and fill up the engine. She'd be a long ride home getting pulled threw the mud not to mention all the ribing you'ld get. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks Ryan I will have a look...

yes she still drying right up going places you would not dream of...

Yes Ryan, old Roy I have told him slow down a few times he scares me w00t ....so I put him behind me and throw mud at the old bugger....he was standing on he's seat the othe night in water so I winch him out...

We went out last night Hap and myself had a great ride around 130 k's up around Inwood back around midnight the 2 old timers did not come...

Rick :hallo1:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You and hap are sure out putting the miles on ehh. I haven't been out much on my bike the last couple of weeks. Haven't had time to do any riding. I was thinking about putting it in the back of the truck and going up to the forestry today but then I remembered that we've got the fuel tank in the one and the welder and other stuff in the other one so they're both filled up.

I hope that's not a sign of what's to come this summer, always scared of drought. I'll take that over a early frost though. :(

Some guys just can't slow down, some if they did they'd probablay die off pretty quick. I don't know what it is, but we've got a couple of guys around here like that. Not quit as wild but still just a giving er. I don't think they'll ever slow down. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes Hap likes to ride he says it's nice to get away from the shop stress relief he said...me I just like to see the country sure is pretty....

Yes Ryan she is drying up very quick around here I think it going to be dry this year....floods last year.... fire this year...

wow we had frost last night pretty good too...

Yes they should stop and think some time...

Picked up a set of ramps for the Quad yesterday at Costco just over the 100 bucks not to bad...can load it in the back of the truck.....

Ok do you want to laugh ok my bother in-law works at red river collage high up there....well he phones me a few weeks ago and asking these question you did train the MMF on Heavy Equipment right ...yes Rob I did well my boss wants to meet with you....I said I seen it in the paper Rob they are not paying enough for the Instructor...tell him to up it once again and they just might get some one....

Well yesterday our other phone in the house is ring & ring I push *69 it's a Ashern number after about 15 times of this I get pissed anybody who wants to talk to me has my office number in the house and it has a answering machine on it or they can call my cell...

So I call this number well to funny it another training school they want to know if I would be interested in doing some heavy equipment training for them....so I ask this lady how did you get my name well it's one of my buddies moms...so we had a long talk they have there funding in place red river was to do the training for them but they are having problems finding Instructors.....so we have a meeting on Wednesday with her they might come our way...it's going nuts here....

Mulder Construction took the first job for the year on the floodway for 12.5 million and there is 3 more out to tender on the west dyke ....James Bay Cree is in town they are huge ....summit is looking they are huge....mla northern looking and bid on the last one Mulder pick up...

just to funny don't know what way I will be going I do know one thing it won't be sitting in a seat operating though...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow Rick, sounds like you got them all fighting over ya. :D Maybe you can auction your self of to the highest bidder. Who ever comes threw with the best wage wins. :D :D

Went out on my dirt bike tonight for a relaxing little ride. Got home just in time though. By the time I put it in the shop my front tire was flat on me. Just somethign else to fix I guess.

No frost here for a while. Hopefully it stays away now because the crops are coming up now.

Just made a set up ramps for the bikes this winter, I got my brother to bend a couple of pieces of alluminum checker plate for me. It's 10" wide by 1/4 thick. I put a rough 2x10 on it then. Total lenght was 6'2. That was as long as I could go otherwise they wouldn't go in the new dodge. That's how long the box is on it. I might put some 1" channel iron on it just for extra traction. There's a little hook in the middle of them so I can tie them to the bumpper so they can't spin out on me. You've got to be careful with them. I had one ramp spin out on me last summer. The bike slid back down and landed on the back tires. I jumped back and held it from going over the rest of the way. Just something to think about.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No everyone is gone to Alberta to work it's hard to find people here Ryan...

I here ya you do get sick of fixing all the time...

got hot here yesterday but cool today...

Busy around here too...gonig out for a ride now that's production.... :lmao:

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It's bad around here, cause we've got so much stuff to go threw all of the time. Seems there's always something that needs a oil change or something welded up or ??? We can never get caught up it seems.

Was out in the field driving around in the truck this afternoon while dad had traded me off. Drove down to the sk. river bank, that's right on the edge of the land tha I farm and here was a great big brown bear. It wasn't to scared at all. It just sat there eating away untilll the engine on the truck speed up all of a sudden then he took off into the bush. Sure was a nice looking animal. We've got another big brown bear on our own quarter of land north of home. They've been around for a few years now. Don't seem to hurt anything though.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Just give them time Ryan they will do something that will make you guys mad...I seen a white bear in Jackhead first nation a few years back they say it rare to see one like that...

Looking at some loaders yesterday wow it's been a few years ....I climb in a 980H unreal ...I said makes me what to go back to operating...
[attachmentid=28244][attachmentid=28245]
[attachmentid=28246][attachmentid=28247]

well that place called today and wants to meet about training it looks like I will be going back to that very soon...I'm looking for a new rv I sold mine to my younger sister last summer ....might need a place to stay if I go do the training....we will get a live out like I was getting with Summit pipeline...

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats a nice grizzly you got there. My buddy has one he wants to sell. There all going to buy racing quads now. If I had extra money I would buy it off of him but I just don't think I could swing it. How much did you pay for yours by the way if you dont mind me asking. I think his is an 03 possibly. Do you have any idea what it would be worth? Its in descent shape but the fan motor or something is cooked in it. If you could let me know that would be great. Have a good day and will catch yah later.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

it's a 06 ... 660 came with the cameo paint they say it's a 350 option & a 2500 lbs winch & a 5 foot blade all for 10,000.00 plus that nasty thing called taxes....

As for your buddies Quad well a person would have to see it before he could say what you think it's worth...

Rick

1 - 20 of 140 Posts