Snowmobile World banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My brother usually takes his old film camerea with him. Doesn't cost as much to replace and if it gets a little wet there's not much for electronics to go to heck on it. I'd take mine out with me but I'm always scared of somehow wiping out on my bike for some reason and landing on it. Those dig cameras are tough but I don't think they'd take 250 lbs to well. :eek:hmy:

I don't know if your bike had drum brakes or disc brakes, but if it has drum it's not a bad idea to take out the drain plug on them and drain any water and maybe even try to wash some of the mud out of them. Just somethig I thought I'd mention in case you had drum brakes.

As long as you had fun that's the main thing.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Rick, that's a mean looking quad now with them new tires on there. :D

Checked the tire size today and your rims are 1" bigger then ours so unfortunatley that's a no go. I was hoping they would fit, those ones of yours are just like new yet. I guess the old ones will go another summer. :)

There can be some nasty stuff build up in them brakes, sure reaks havoc on them too. I don't think disc brakes are as bad as drum brakes though.

The temp has acutally been not to bad here lately. Few nights where it's gotten pretty cold out but the afternoons usually warm up pretty good now. The wind comes up just about every day though that's the part I don't like.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Does it float any better with them new tires on or do you still sink down in the mud?

Yes it is to bad about them tires, hopefully you can find a good home for them out there.

We had frost a couple of weeks ago when we had that little bit of snow, since then it hasn't dipped down that cold yet. Kind of cloudy here this morning I don't know if it's going to rain or what it's going to do.

There's a auction coming up in Roblin that I would like to go to. It's a sawmill auction. There's a guy there that also has a track for my old skiroule that I'ld like to pick up. Don't know if we'll go or not though. It's on the end of may.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Here's a link to the sale Rick, yes it's in Roblin Mb. Hodgins auctions has the sale. They're from here. auction

The ground is really drying out here too. Still a long ways from a drought, but all that extra water we had is disapearing pretty quickly.

Crazzy old bugger ehh Rick :D :D As long as he's having fun I guess ehh. Probabaly keeps him young.

Good to hear that your having a blast in the mud, You'd hate to get in to deep though and fill up the engine. She'd be a long ride home getting pulled threw the mud not to mention all the ribing you'ld get. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You and hap are sure out putting the miles on ehh. I haven't been out much on my bike the last couple of weeks. Haven't had time to do any riding. I was thinking about putting it in the back of the truck and going up to the forestry today but then I remembered that we've got the fuel tank in the one and the welder and other stuff in the other one so they're both filled up.

I hope that's not a sign of what's to come this summer, always scared of drought. I'll take that over a early frost though. :(

Some guys just can't slow down, some if they did they'd probablay die off pretty quick. I don't know what it is, but we've got a couple of guys around here like that. Not quit as wild but still just a giving er. I don't think they'll ever slow down. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow Rick, sounds like you got them all fighting over ya. :D Maybe you can auction your self of to the highest bidder. Who ever comes threw with the best wage wins. :D :D

Went out on my dirt bike tonight for a relaxing little ride. Got home just in time though. By the time I put it in the shop my front tire was flat on me. Just somethign else to fix I guess.

No frost here for a while. Hopefully it stays away now because the crops are coming up now.

Just made a set up ramps for the bikes this winter, I got my brother to bend a couple of pieces of alluminum checker plate for me. It's 10" wide by 1/4 thick. I put a rough 2x10 on it then. Total lenght was 6'2. That was as long as I could go otherwise they wouldn't go in the new dodge. That's how long the box is on it. I might put some 1" channel iron on it just for extra traction. There's a little hook in the middle of them so I can tie them to the bumpper so they can't spin out on me. You've got to be careful with them. I had one ramp spin out on me last summer. The bike slid back down and landed on the back tires. I jumped back and held it from going over the rest of the way. Just something to think about.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It's bad around here, cause we've got so much stuff to go threw all of the time. Seems there's always something that needs a oil change or something welded up or ??? We can never get caught up it seems.

Was out in the field driving around in the truck this afternoon while dad had traded me off. Drove down to the sk. river bank, that's right on the edge of the land tha I farm and here was a great big brown bear. It wasn't to scared at all. It just sat there eating away untilll the engine on the truck speed up all of a sudden then he took off into the bush. Sure was a nice looking animal. We've got another big brown bear on our own quarter of land north of home. They've been around for a few years now. Don't seem to hurt anything though.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Rick, those new loaders are sure nice. I sure like running our Volvo and it isn't even as fancy as some of them out there. One option that Volvo had when ours was new was, you could have two arm rests. One controlled your loader arms and bucket and the other was your steering and gears. Was just a little toggle switch that you moved back and forth to steer left or right. You never even have to touch the steering wheel. I'm just as glad that ours doesn't have that though. To much of a headache and to much money to fix. We priced out the left controll on the steering column because the previous owners got it busted up a little. It was 700 and some odd dollars. Needless to say we're making the old one work.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That's the trouble with the new stuff. It's great for the operator but sometimes not so good for the owner. Wasn't a whole lot to go wrong on them ol cats other then mechanical things. Just hop on hold on and go.

You should have lots of mud to play in now again Rick. :D

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You should be up on our swamp quarter Rick. Lots of mud to go threw there. Few trails to go threw on too. That's the one that I was talking about in the other post. Only thing is, is you have to watch out for moma bear and her 3 cubs. They live in the bush on our land now. Moma bear was out in the field watching me when I was harrowning. Sure was a nice looking animal. I didn't have my camear with me in the tractor otherwise I woul've snapped a couple of pictures.

So did you have your fire works? Or did you save them for next month? I should go and buy some for a change, used to buy those roman candles every once in a while. They're kind of fun to play with.

Haven't been able to go for a ride on my dirt bike for a while now. I've got a flat front tire and the tire is shot. I've got a new tube but I'm hunting for a tire for it. Don't want to spend a whole bunch of money on it if I don't have to.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I used to be able to rip around a little bit in there on my dirt bike but now it's all under water. Swamp and my dirt bike don't go together to good.

I'm not in Costco very often at all. Used to go in there once in a while when they had those farmer pases. If you had your quota book with you, you could go in and shop for free. Now you have to have a membership to get in. We aren't in Saskatoon enogh to make it pay at all. They've got some pretty neat stuff in there though. Some junk though too.

I've heard that stuff is suposed to work pretty good. My tire is all craked up though so it wouldn't help to much there at all. I'll find a tire eventually I guess. My brother has one but that's down in Saskatoon. Can't find any used ones around here at all and the new ones are over 100 bucks so that's out of the question. Tried Ebay but no one ever got back to me on shipping to Canada so I guess I'm sol there too.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
To funny about Claudette Rick, she sounds like my sister. She's in there every other week looking for deals.

Glad to hear your having fun up in the mud Rick, I just got my bike fixed up again so I can have a little fun too. Might go out today for a ride if it quits raining. Might go even if it don't :D

That's one helluva big project they're tendering out. Nothing like that going on around here at all. I had to laugh the other day, they released the reports on how many new jobs were created in the 3 prarie provinces in the last year. Saskatchewan had 1100 Manitoba had 5500 and Alberta had 98,500. I could'nt believe it when I saw it. Had to kind of laugh though.

I'm interested, but I'd have to find out more before I got to talking to big. Like the model if the price was cdn or us and maybe some other things too. Sounds like a good deal but I like to know what I'm getting into first.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
To bad you didn't get out for a ride at all. I went out for a little rip around 8:00 last night. It was still raining out but I said what the heck and took off for a litte bit.

Hard to believe there's more going on in Mb, then in Sk. I wish they could get something going here and keep it going. :(

That would be good if you can find out any more about them Rick.

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow Rick, you must be making to much money. :D :D Nice looking truck that you bought. Too bad about the fishing boat, it's sure a nice looking boat. I'll bet she'd really go too.

It's been pretty crazzy here too. Spent all day yesterday spraying. I went over just about half of our seeded acers though. Only got stuck once and I could've avoided it but I just turned a corner and was watching to many other things. By the time I shifted up a gear I was just about in the mud hole. I managed to get the front wheel on dry ground though before I spun out. We just pulled it out with the dodge. I was out early this morning spraying but had to quit because of rain coming up. Got enough time though that the chemical should have set in to the weeds. Still some guys trying to seed around here. It's sure wet out now. We got another 1.5" the other day. Water laying all over the place. I've had some fun spraying though. Made the water fly a few times going threw some of the holes. Only problem is, is I'm going to be cursing them come next fall when I'm swathing and combining.

Great pictures from the ride Rick, looks like you guys are having a ball.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That really sucks about that deer, I know what it's like. Dad hit one one day coming home from P.A. Took the whole front end out of the truck. Had to replace the oil cooler bumper grills and a whole bunch of other stuff. Not fun at all. There's getting to be quit a few of them little buggers out there too.

June 20 is the cut off for crop insurance. Guys who don't have it seeded by then can either lie and say that they seeded it in thier seeded acres report or they can tell crop insurance it's just to wet to seed and get a small payout.

Crops would look 100 times better if we had some heat to bring them on. They still look good but with some heat they'd really come on strong.

I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure that I had west nile about 3 years ago. I got knocked right out for a couple of days and then it was gone. There were quit a few cases that year.

glad to hear the Grizzly is working good for you. How many Km are you shooting for or are ya just going to ride till you can take your sled out again.

Waranty shouldn't be to big of a issue, it's not to often that anything goes wrong with them. With my luck though I'd have the engine go out of it or something.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I got real lucky one time, I hit a deer coming home one night. I swerved over and just barely caught it with the side of the bumper. Couldn't even tell that I'd hit one. That's the only time that I've hit one too. Dad had a bad run in with a duck the other day in the semi. He was coming home with fertilizer clipping along pretty good whel all of a sudden a duck flew up out of the ditch and right infront of the drivers window. It didn't break it all the way threw but it cracked both layers of glass up real good. Took it in the other day and got it fixed up though. 150 bucks for nothing though really.

I was talking to Red Tracks from R.P. and he only got about a 1/4 of his crop in this year. Trouble was he had put on fertilizer ahead of time and it's also cash rent land. He doesn't know what he's going to do. Probably talk to him tomorow in person. Going to go to a auction in Melfort tomomrow that he'll be at.

I'm pretty sure that my mom had it too. She had it basically the same time that I did. I don't think it was a flu and I had all of the symtoms of west nile. It lasted for about 3 or 4 days, I can't remember now at all.

I can usually make a pretty seemless change over from dirt biking to sledding. I fill in with the quad if it gets to cold out. Same thing again in the spring. I try to make sure that I've got something to rip around on. I'd go nuts if I had to sit in the house when I wasn't doing something.

Did you at least get it cheap? Kind of like my brother, he went out and bought a 3/4" socket set from pricess auto because they were on sale. I don't know if he's used them yet even and that was a couple of years ago now.

Went out crop checking on my land on the reserve today. Sure happy with how it looks so far. Maybe I'll be able to buy a new quad after all. :D Trouble is, is it's a long way to the bin yet.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Rick, it sounds like a step in the right direction anyways. This monopoly has to come to a end in my opinion. I'm not against the wheat board in there as a marketing tool, but for gods sake let me have a choice. If I get screwed over in a open market systom I've got no one to blame except my self. People who are ambitious enough will find new markets and posibly if not probably make a few extra dollars. Those who aren't will continue on with there old ways and keep being had by the government. It's getting to the point now where those few extra dollars can mean profit or lose.

I try to get out at least once a day and go for a ride just to kind of wind down the day but some days I'm just to busy or to tired to go.

Sounds like one hellofa hole.

Sure hope the crop comes threw for me, I could sure use a few extra bucks.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm still hoping to see some change come from this new Government but so far it looks like the same ol thing again. They made some pretty big promises during the election and I don't know if they're going to be able to hold them up or not.

Early morning and late evening are my favorite times to ride. Just when the air around you is a littel cool. I sure love that feeling riding along with just a slight cool breze blowing around you.
I'd like to get a street bike but for now ,my little dirt bike is doing okay.

Get out for any more rides lately?

Been really hot and dry here now for the last few days. She's sure sucking up all that moisture that we got over the last month. It's good to get rid of some of it though.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi TRX450R, great looking bike got any more action shots? We've got a few sand dunes around here that I play in but they're not as big as those ones. Still lost of fun to play in though.

I can just picture you guys out there riping around in the ditches. Too funy about your buddy finding out though.

I'm out of fuel again now so my riding is limited for a little while. Picked up 5 gallons today and it cost me 27 bucks. That'll be gone in the sprayer though. Got a little bit on my land that I'm going to respray. I don't know if it's second growth or if the chemical didn't work right. I got enough spray to do it today though so hopefully tomomrow morning I can get out there and do it again.

I've been hoping that my brother would come home so we could go for a ride but so far he hasn't goten here yet. We usually go for a pretty good ride when he's home.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.