Snowmobile World banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Was in P.A. yesterday so we went up to the Bombardier dealer there to see what they had and what they'd do for prices. I didn't deal real hard with them yet but there price that they say they wont move on is 11,800 for the 650 and 12,850 for the 800. They didn't have any 800 in and they only had the one 650 in yellow left. I was out a little on those other prices that I said. The best ones that I found so far was 11,650 for the 650 and 12,700 for the 800.

I had heard that yami came out with power steering. Salesman said that they were going to wait and see how it holds up and then maybe bombardier would come out with something in the next year or two.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hi Ryan when I bought my 06 Grizzly 660 Camo which was a 300.00 350.00 option the color, I also received a 54" plow & winch. I paid 10,100.00 plus taxes..

I put lot's on after like tires Queen seat for Claudette foot stands for the Queen....etc

call Troy see what he has Ryan but don't come to pick it up till we have snow you can bring your sled stay at our place sled for a few days & pick you quad up and go home....Troy does have some Honda's Yamaha's plus his Uncle has the Bombardier dealer across the road from Troy's place...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That's not a bad price for a bike like that. I don't know why honda and bombardier are so expensive. If anything bombardier should be cheaper, there's no frieght compared to the other brands. Dad's getting a little more anxious to go to Ab. so I might see what we can do out there. I hate to have to pay extra if you know what I mean. Just by crossing the border I can save money right away. Have to go to Saskatoon with some stuff some time this week posibly next weekend so I'm going to check out the dealers there. The same dealer has honda and bombardier so it's not like I have to drive all over.

I think for know if I bought either of the quads that I'm looking at that I'd leave them the way they are except for a rear cargo box/seat like yours. I would pick up one of them just to have a place to put stuff when I go on rides.

That would be pretty sweet Rick, put on a few miles on the sled and bring home a new quad. I'll have to see how things work out.

I'll maybe give troy a call and see what he's got for me.

Did Mark ever go down to the states and bring back some quads?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

No I thought it was alright Ryan....me neither...try dealing on a 06..

I forgot about it but I do remember someone saying you get no warranty with them Ryan. I think if Mark had bought one by now I would have had him in our yard...

Rick

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·

Yes it is not looking good around here either Ryan I seen the 07 at Troys place but none of my add ons will fit on the 07 it is all a different size what a bummer. I was just thinking....but not now...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That's to bad, I guess the manufactuers have it all figured out ehh. Buy a new quad then you have to buy all new accesories again. That's where they make all of the money it seems.

I haven't done any more looking now for a little while. We're going to try and combine again tomorow I think. I still have my flax left yet too so we still aren't done.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

Ya your right there Ryan they do. Glen stoped in on Friday we still do lot's together in the work feild I have 7 peices of his equipment rented & working at training classes around manitoba. He want's me to go to Alberta to take care of some cut line job he might have for the winter 20 cat's. Supervisor again don't know what I will do.

Michael went to the Stones on Friday night in Regina he said they where unreal he has seen them with me back in 93 or 95...he wants to go splits on the Phazer so I have been thing do I or don't I. w00t I could keep it here for Claudette to ride with myself....because we do know Hap his sled is still sitting with engine problems and he has not even look at it. I don't think he will get that 550 ext going this season I bet.

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
20 cats ehh, be quit a job in a way keeping good operators on them all and keeping them all going. Making sure they're doing what they're suposed to do too I suposed.

Mom was watching the news and said that they interviewd 3 or 4 guys from Mb. I can't remember right now how many it was but they had come in a camper or motor home and were going to see the stones. Mom said she thought of you when she saw it and was wondering if by chance you were there. But I told here that I didn't think that you'd picked up tickets to go. I guess it was a pretty good concert from what I heard though.

So your still thinking of that phazzer ehh. It sounds like if you want someone to ride with you better buy one quick.

Get any snow out there yet? We had a little flurry come threw here yesterday. Didn't amount to much but it was still snowing hard for a bit.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Snow yes we have had it and it has gone then it snowed again & again & they are calling for more Ryan.....

No I did not go to see the stones...I've been looking for some 06 quads & I found some fro you .......Kawasaki though Gord is his name 204-3387610...

750 red 9699............750 cameo 9999....650 red 8699......650 red8299...

all new with 2,500 winch and 2 years war

have to run to meeting talk to ya after..

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They're calling for more snow here for next tue. I hope they're wrong though as I still want to get my flax off.

I don't know why for sure but I've never been a real big fan of the Kawis, I hear they're a pretty good bike but just never had much to do with them. Closest dealer is 80 miles away too which doesn't help I guess.

I'm surprised he's still got 06 left.

Little bit of info you may have allready known but Suzuki and Kawasaki are jointly owned. They share engines and bikes I believe as well. Certain models got cut when they joined though because it was a competition between the two. Now they're almost the same.

Sounds like you pretty busy out there again.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·

Ok we are going to get a pile of snow this winter because I think I will buy that Phazer maybe...I hope you get that flax off so you can buy that quad soon....

Well I just thought I would tell you Ryan I was there with Hap ordering parts for his quad...I don't think will work or last long what he is doing spend that money fix it right... w00t

Well I guess you will have to buy a Yamaha eh ha ha joke :lmao: I would buy another one this one has been great no complents for me I'm happy with it so far...

Yes I have been going crazy out here working getting things ready for winter I have sold my outdoor woodstove. w00t don't look like that Ryan I did...cheaper to use electric....mom out have to go for a walk

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I sure hope so too, I'll still have enough money left I think after I pay up my bills to buy one but I don't know yet. They haven't got any new ones in yet anyways so I have to wait for a bit anyways. They've got that 650 bombardier that I'm going to see if I can have for a day to try it out. I wan't to make sure it's what I want before I buy. Might end up buying a 500 instead though. Everyone says they will run with the 700 quads even though it's only a 500. So I wouldn't be losing much power. Plus I get a discount on it because I'm a farmer. They don't have that program on the 650 or 800.

Sure hope he gets it fixed right so you don't have to pull his quad home for him too. :eek:hmy:

I've been meaning to ask you what you were going to do for heat this year. I didn't know if you had gotten it fixed up again or not.

Looked at a new apex today. Brand new one for 13,900 I belive it was. I'll buy a quad before I spend that much on a new sled. I could get it cheaper I think but even so that's still a pile of money to spen. Truefully I'm kinda getting out of snowmobiling anyways. Not completely but I'm just not as into it as I used to be. I still love to go sledding but the cost involved now to do any is just terible.

Good to hear your mom is getting around good again.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·

Sure you will have enough money left over Ryan....I think that would be the way to go with a Bombardier I seen the info commercial on them they impressed me. Don't take me wrong nothing wrong with the Yamaha though. It will run with the big boys because you can't run at top speed all the time.

Ya yes hard working construction workers have to pay all are taxes we don't get a break. hee hee joke good for you I glad to someone gets a break.

Me too I have not been out for some time for a ride.

Yes I did get it fixed last year Ryan but the guy that cut wood for us his dad past on last winter so he does not do it any more. I was paying them 70 a cord so I shopped around and everyone wants 125 a cord well let me tell you Ryan I sure can use a lot of electricity.....I did the math it would coast me money so for the first time in 24 years I will not be burning it saddens me I have like doing it every year yes some ruff times in there too...

Yes the Phazer Michael really wants one real bad so I have been thinking of getting one I will get all that travel money from the course enough to buy one tax fee money opps starting to sound like a farmer eh.(Joke) taxes free....so I will more then likely make Michael pay for half I will pay the other half...don't want to spoil Michael anymore. That way if Michael does not come out to ride well Claudette can I hope.

mom yes we spent every weekend together doing thing seeing things driving to the lake just all over the place. mom & myself are very close I'm her number one son. I will be very happy if she is her at this time next year it's not good. I have been working to keep her positive at time is very challenging. I can see she is losing weight now. I say a prayer every night for mom....yes I forgot to tell you I'm her only son...ha ha.

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I hope so Rick. I'ld like to hang onto a few dollars too for future investments but that's seems really hard to do these days. If I buy a new quad I wont have a whole lot left over.

Farmers have it on easy street I tell ya. :D :D Not to often we get a break but if we can I'm going to take advantage of it.

Been to cold here the last little while and to wet to take my dirt bike out. Once it get below 0 I don't like to run my bike to much. Don't want to take a chance of leaning it out and burning up a piston.

To bad about selling your wood stove. Imo there's no other heat like it other then a actual wood fire. Maybe that's what you need, a little fire place to sit around.

I had a dream the other night that I loged on here and you had a post all about the new phazzer that you and Michael had just bought so who knows. :D Tax free money is alwasy nice. To bad we can't buy the toys tax free too. It's alwasy nice to be able to get out with family when snowmobiling. I'm alwasy trying to get dad to go out for a ride but we can never get time to just take off and go. Got no one else to ride with around here any more either.

That sadens me to hear Rick. I guess all you can do is stay positive and keep your mom positive and of course pray for a miracle. It's a good thing that you live close together. Makes it a whole lot easier to spend time together.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Hi Ryan yes it's great idea to put away for a rainy day that's for sure.

when you look at the price of the equipment & seed & land & insurance plus you have to live too...but it's not enough ....what do ya think about the wheat board...
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20.../cwb-bread.html

that would not be good to blow a piston Ryan...
It has been cold at the lake the wind sure does get cold maybe I'm getting soft Ryan....ha ha...

In a hart beat Ryan I would love the indoor woodstove that is the best heat in the world but. Insurance plus ....

On Wednesday Michael and myself where out and we where talking about the Phazer........do ya need reverse or not is it going to be th fx or the other ones....we will start shopping soon I like to grind Troy it's a game I like to play...

that is about it Ryan try to stay positive for mom

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That sounds like some left wings article trying to scare people into believing the wheat board is the only option.

The buyers of the grain in other countries don't know how bad the original growers are getting screwed over. We went into the Sask wheat pool the other day and were looking at the wheat board prices. Barley the initial payment was .16/bushel. That's right 16 cents per bushel. The final price they estimated at around $1.6/bushel. There's no gurantee that you'll even get that though. That's not the worst though right now you can sell barly on the open market to feed mills and such for 2.50/bushel. The wheat board has been playing games with farmers money for years. I sold some wheat threw them last year because I thought I was going to get a #2 for it which is worth cosiderably more then a #3 wheat. Well the elevators decided not to give me a #2 for it even though it was. I had a contract signed with the wheat board but I did manage to get out of it mostly. I still had to sell about 400 bu threw them. Ther rest I sold to the local feed mill and got my money right away. I'm still waiting on the rest of my payment from last year on that 400 bu that I sold to them. I wont see any of that untill January though if there is anything coming.

We don't usually sell threw the wheat board unless they're paying good for something which isn't verry often. Lots of times we've sold #1 wheat for feed to the local feed mills because they're paying more then the wheat board will pay us.

The wheat board is getting scared now though so expect to hear more stories like that one in the coming months.

Had my bike out this morning for a little bit just to run around the yard with. It's pretty cold out though.

Sounds like your getting closer to a deal. Reverse is kind of nice but if your in deep snow you can just about forget about using it. At least that's the way my yamaha is. Mind you I don't have much of a track on it for traction either.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

Wow I get the picture Ryan I thought that about the wheat board but not being a farmer I was not sure of my opinion. They sound like a dictatorship eh...

Yes it's getting cold here too have to almost put your sled suit on if you wanted to go for a big ride....

I will more then likely buy one in December....

Michael is heading up to Thompson to work at Nelson House 1st Nation this week water treatment plant they will be wiring...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The wheat board has a place in the marketing systom but I sure hate them having the monopoly on it. Did you know that I can get arested if I haul my onw grain across the boarder? We can haul oats canola flax along with a few other grains that the board doesn't have controll over but wheat and barley forget about it.

Been out on a few short little rips on my bike but no big rides at all. Truefully I haven't had time. We've been real busy here the last while sawing up logs trying to get orders filled

Sure a pile of people ditching water out this year. Practically every field around here has v ditches on them. Gona have to watch out this winter when I'm sledding. It could get interesting next spring if we have lots of run off.

He's gona make enough money to pay his share of the phazzer ehh. Should be pretty good money working up there.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Rick, do you know the name of the bombardier dealer across from troys place? He's in Elie isn't he?

Been dealing with a guy in brandon on a couple of quads, told him I had to wait till the new year then I might pop on out and see him. Little better deal then I've found around here so far.

Ryan

81 - 100 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.