Snowmobile World banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·

Hi Ryan I hear ya I don't like someone to have a monopoly on anything but it's turning out that way today....the big guys are eating up the little guys I see it all over the place even in the construction industry...

Wow I sure hope the lumber orders keep coming in Ryan....

Wow the next ride on my quad it will be like riding a new one ha ha ....I can not tell you the last time I have been out for a ride...

That sounds like the red river valley everyone has drainage off their land..

I sure hope so Ryan...Michael has it already he is tight with his money.....Michael was home on Wednesday night short job but he is off to Gimli today...

Lukes is the name Ryan it's Troy's Uncle

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There's lots of talk about having a vote on the future of the wheat board but so far it's only talk. Time will tell I guess.

It'll still be there in the spring waiting for ya. Gona have to start getting your sled ready to go again. I imagine the snow will be flying again before to long.

We've got pretty good drainage around here, most of the water runs into the creek just east of us with a little bit of work. I'm going to take the skidder out tomorow and clean out one run a little bit. Then maybe take our 4wd tractor out with the v ditcher and try to drain out our dug out.

I was out on my dirt bike tonight after it got dark out and found a little surprise in our field. I was going along about 25 mph and all of a sudden I felt and heard a great big splash. Found out the hard way that our neibour had drained some water onto us. Got a little wet but not to bad. Got my attention real quick though. :D

That is a good way to be, I don't spend any more of my money then I have to. Once or twice a year I'll go and buy something semi expensive for myself. The thing I hate the most though is spending money on cloths. It drives me nuts when I have to spend a hunderd bucks just for a pair of shoes.

Thanks Rick, I'll have to see If I can find it on the net.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

Wow that will be something to see.....

Yes it will be but I did buy a blade for it so I might want to put it on to clean the driveway...

Wow that must have freaked you out eh...

Well I started deal on the phazer in Riverton I have him down to 8,500 on the FX witch list for 9,200 that's not bad I think what do you think Ryan

Darn I will look for a !-800 number for ya Ryan Sorry....1-204-353-2020 wow they have Suzuki in the phone book maybe they quite don't carry ski doo I will ask Troy....

RIck

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My brother kept his drive way in town cleaned all winter with his quad. He said he put on 70 kms just pushing snow with it. I told him half of that was probably spining but he said no it actually pushed pretty good. I was thinking about getting a blade for my quad if and when I get one. It would sure come in handy for plowing off the slews or the dug out for skating on.

Was a little surprised but okay. I went back and looked at it today and I had to hit the spot where it was the widest too. :D I could see my tracks right threw the middle of it.

8500 sounds not to bad I guess. Will troy beat that price?

That's okay Rick, I checked out thier website last night and your right all they have for quads now is Suzuki.

Been thinking pretty hard about that 500 in Brandon though. I think I might pop out there this winter and pick one up. Will have to wait and see for sure though. Couple of accesories I've got to deal on too. I need a windshield for it and heated grips. A guy needs that stuff this time of the year.

Went out and opend up the dug out today. I didn't get it as good as I wanted it though. I was a little scared of getting stuck so I was being pretty cautious. I've had the skidder stuck 3 times in there this fall so I had reason to be a little extra cautious. It's running out now though so it will still take some water off the top. I'll see if I can't get back in there in a few days again. I need to get it about another 8" deeper. Them d!#$ v ditchers are a real pain to try and back up with though. I sure wish I had a backhoe or a track hoe here now.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·

That's good to know Ryan....that would be a good idea...

Wow that unreal he would do that I think I would have to have coffee with him...and pie too...

Ya I looked today and asked they said he let it go a few years ago...to bad...

Hey Ryan you might have to put your sled on the trailer and I will come out that way and do some sledding in Brandon...

Yes a nice track hoe would be unreal to have on the farm what could you do besides having the best drained land around....

Rick

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·

Well I was wrong Ryan he said 8,700....so we had some snow today well the roads where slippery as hell and I went to work it was cancelled for the day....so I went back home Claudette did not go to work so I said to her let's go see if we can deal on a new car for her today.....

So we went to Gillis GMC in Elie next to Troys place I bought my truck from here so did Michael and as well as Claudette last car....great people so Claudette bought a new 07 Vibe today....

So after leaving the place I said to Claudette would you mind if I stopped at Troys for a minute she said no...so I went inside to see if Troy was there yep so I said hey Troy do you know this guy from Riverton he said yep....so I said I stopped in to see him about a Phazer FX that list for 9,199.00 so what are you going to do Troy .....he said 8,500 I said deal we shook hands He will have it in and ready in 2 weeks...

so the town of Elie has received allot of our money 2 cars 2 trucks 1 Quad 2 sleds wow I should just buy a house there...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow Rick, your just spending money like it's going out of style ehh. :D At least you'll have company with you on the trails this winter.

I'll bet claudette is happy now with a new car to drive too.

So when's the new apex coming. Everyone else is getting new toys now except you. That's no fair is it? :lmao:

No Snow here yet. Been few flakes but nothing that amounts to much. Still hoping for the end of the week to combine.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·

Yes Ryan there is only one problem with that it's my money form all that training....easy come easy go eh....ha ha...

She does not have it yet properly next week she will have it ....it is in Regina...

I wish but don't please don't hold your breath maybe next year...that's a good one though Ryan I like it... :D

We have some a few more inches I might take the RX1 out for the 1st rip of the season...

I sure do hope that weather works with you guys so you can get the crop off Ryan.....may the snow God's be with you..if it helps...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Well what the heck ehh, you can't take it with you. :D

You'll be driving a new one before the end of winter Rick, I can see it now. :D Who knows maybe you wont be able to keep up to that little Phazzer. :tongue: :undercover:

Hope you get some snow soon so you can get a early start to sleeding. Tell ya what, you can have our share up till christmas. That's just fine with me. :)

Was going to try it again tomorow but the humidity is still up around 80% so that's not going to go yet I don't think. It needs to come down to around 50 or 60% before it will go threw again.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·

Yes your right Ryan ha ha I'm doing that...can't you see ha ha :p :lmao:

Never say never w00t but I don't think so I want to head out on a few trips this winter though..

Well we have some we just need a few more inches and we might start riding...thanks I will take it..

I see it's a humidity game eh...I sure hope it works for you guys....

Well I'm finished training again that was a long two months for me...but it was good though that tax free money paid my half of the Phazer...with some left over..back to the office on Monday... there sounds like there is another one in the works training for the government this time wait to see what happens...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Snowed a we little bit here last night but just a skiff. Combining still isn't out of the question just yet but it's getting closer to hopeless.

It was 100% humidity when I got up this morning. Haven't seen that in a while.

It's funny Rick, I was just thinking about asking you how your training was going. I wasn't quit sure if you had finished that up earlier or were still doing it. Good to hear that it went okay though. I'll be that office will feel a little bit more comfortabel then them ol crawlers.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·

They are calling for snow tonight Ryan I sure hope so getting sick of this rain snow would be much better....

Yes Nov 3 was it's last day but they are talking of more right away....I don't mind I still have Iron in the blood I don't think it will ever go away....don't take me wrong nothing wrong with the office either.....or riding sled's too...ha ha :D

going to take the Quad in to get the blade put on will take some pictures of it ....

asked Troy where the Phazer was he said it was on the water... w00t

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sure hope you get some. I know what you mean about all of the rain. That's what our sept. and oct. were like. From the middle of sept. to the end of oct. we had over 8" of rain.

It's kind of fun to get back on the equipment once in a while anyways. I always look forward to getting out in the field doing what ever it may be. By the time we get done what ever we're doing though I'm about ready to do something else. Get's a little boring going up and down the field all day doing the same thing. I guess that's one good thing about a wet year though every pass you make is alwasys a adventure. :lmao: You never know for sure what your getting into sometimes,

I'm sure that will come in handy this winter for pushing snow away.

At least he didn't say it was in tiny pieces yet. :D Should be here before to long then.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·

Wow the ground is tightening up starting to get a crust on it...

Yes I hear you Ryan about getting off of it...so true that's for sure...

Have not took the Quad to Troy's yet maybe I'm waiting for snow eh...ha ha...

Yes your right it will be here soon...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I pushed some snow out onto the edge of the one slew today with the skidsteer. I actually had it out on the ice. Couldn't hear it cracking or anything but I sure didn't shut it off to listen either. :D

Have you even been out on it since you got hurt that one time? I still don't have my dirt bike put away yet. Gona get one more ride out of it yet.

Auction sale tomorow I might go to. It's a snowmobile auction. Don't plan on buying a sled but they've got a couple of trailers there and some other small misc. things.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·

Well I would say that guy in the skidder is pushing it...cracking ice is good sign of good ice...

Yes I have been out just around the yard but no one around to ride with Hap is busy old Roy has gone to Texas and Dan well he is around some where...

keep your hands in your pockets ha ha eh....new sled new quad & trailer to bring both of them home eh...that sounds like a real plan.... :D

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It was the skidsteer, it's not quit as heavy as the skidder. I was only in about a foot of water so I wasn't worried to much. We've had some pretty cold nights to drive the frost down. There's about 6" of ice on the slews now. I don't know what the lakes are like but the river is all frozen over now.

Didn't make it to the auction at all. Had planed on it but we went for a drive instead. I've still got my money though so that's okay.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·

Sorry I must read better right ha ha..pay attention right...wow that's great...

great point you still have your money.... :D

well our outdoor woodstove left today it's done w00t so we will see how we do this winter....global warming I don't think I will part with the central air any time soon ha ha...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Happens to me once in a while too. If I happen to be reading to fast I'll end up skipping a word or two or mis reading a word.

So what did you do with the old lines, are they still in the ground?

Rained again a little bit here this morning.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·

Yes they are in the case still it is sad Claudette & myself where talking yesterday we both said it is sad but it's about money these days...

boy it has been windy but I guess that's what happens when your a flat Lander eh..... :D :lmao:

Rick :christmas:

101 - 120 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.