121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I hear ya on the money part. Still gona hurt when the power bill comes though. :(

Hasn't been to bad here lately, it's actually been pretty calm. They're talking of some bigger winds tomorow though. Got another couple of inchees on snow but we still don't have much. Some places not that far away though are up to a foot allready. :eek:hmy: Not me though :( Only got about 5 or so inches.

They're sure going great guns up there. I don't know what kind of a plan that they've got to deal with all of that stored water. Could be one heck of a mess if that ever lets go and spills all over.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

Yes but we think by the time we would have paid for the wood we would be further behind then just paying the hydro bill...the wood went from 700 to 1,250. that's allot of Hydro Ryan..

Wow we have a pile of freezing rain last night the highways well you could skate on them this morning....they say it will be nice for the grey cup I hope it is...I might even watch it...

No kidding eh...

Rick :christmas:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Wow, that's is a big jump. Were they charging you buy the chord? Fire wood around here is selling for around 60-100/chord. There's some guys asking rediculous prices like 200/chord but I don't think they are getting it either.
We were charging $60 for a half ton truck load last winter. That price went up though too. We decided this fall though to not bother selling any because even at that price we weren't making any money on it.

Not to much here at all. No more snow either. :( The snow is just about gone again now. Who knows maybe I'll be able to combine yet. :lmao: :crazy: :dazed:

I was wondering if you had tickets to go to the game at all. Figured with it being so close you might just pop on over and see the game.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

Ya it nut's but the coast of every thing has gone up and there is nothing you can do about it pay or move on so I will move on...I can't do something that does not pay off for me I will cut the losses...but I will miss it....

That would be good eh get that crop off Ryan...sweet...

No it's not my cup of tea I like N.F.L. but I will watch it on the boob tube maybe...

I need to build a new toy shed for the toys....two sleds one riding lawnmower...one quad...but must build it big enough for the possibility for another quad...too.. 16x24 here is why it's a bigger car too..
[attachmentid=30893]
[attachmentid=30894]

Michael & myself went to Troy's yesterday bought new sled pants Yamaha jacket and helmet too...Troy said it is in transit should be this week....

Rick :christmas:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I really doubt it's going to happen but who knows. I'll tell ya one thing I aint getting the combine out and going untill I know that it will go. Which I can almost gurantee wont be till next spring. It's on fairly high ground though with good drainage so if it dries up I should be able to get to it pretty quick in the spring.

I've never gotten into football at all. Me and my friends used to go and play tackle foot ball during lunch break but the teachers didn't take a liking to that verry good. They were so scared someone was going to get hurt.

Looks pretty sharp Rick. It's not all wheel drive is it?? I don't know anything about the new lineups of cars.

You better build it big enough for that new boat that you'll have next spring. I remember you got beat out last year by a co worker on a real nice one so maybe next year is the year ehh. :D

Wow, all new suits to go with that new sled too. I need a new leather jacket but so far haven't bothered to look for one. All that's wrong with my old one is the zipper is shot so I might just get it replaced. I don't really feel like spending 400 on a new coat.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Wow your just wow great picture....northmxzrider your crazy but having fun eh ....you do like the water...is all the snow gone yet...

Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What the heck might as well throw a picture of mine on here too.

[attachment=36111:100_2258.JPG]

Hi northmxzrider, is that a 500 S?

Have you ever spent much time around Jan Lake at all? Had a friend whos parents used to own Martins cabins up there. Used to spend a little bit of time up there.

Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
its a 2006 honda rubicon, canadian trail edition. ya i go to jan lake alot. i just got my boaters licence so im going to be going there even more. jan lake is about 40 minutes from here. its a good place to camp and get lots of walley.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I used to go up there when my friends parents owned the camp but since they sold it I haven't been back. It's fats camp now. It's kind of a nasty lake in a way. Lots of rocks and lots of islands. It's pretty easy to get lost if you don't know where to go. We were coming back in to the docks at jan lake lodge and caught a rock with the motor on a rental boat. It hit the leg of the motor and knocked the cover off the top of the engine. It didn't hurt anything as I remember but the cover went to the bottom of the lake.

Been up threw Creighton a couple of times.

Ryan

·
Registered
23 Posts
i know that lake good now because we have been going to that lake for a long time now. i only hit one reef but it wan't bad because i was using the trolling motor and it was very rough and the main motor hit a rock.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Yes it has been years .....but I sure would like to go back to Jan Lake it is one nice spot...nice picture of the Quad Ryan...How ia the highway to Jan now..northmxzrider.

wow the miner had a big pay out in Flin Flon....home of Bobby Clark ....

Rick

·
Registered
23 Posts
there is a new road from the Hanson lake highway to Jan lake that is a little bit shorter. and yes that bonus was big here for HB&S. it was about $18000, so there has been alot of new vehicles and atv's around town. I hope to be going to jan next week when fishing season opens up.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
wow if you can take a few pictures for us please.. it's been years. we did fish in jan too it is great place to go. I worked on the Hanson years ago. is Himore(spelled) still hauling sand from up that way to Flin Flon...

well he is a picture of our quads we had to hide the rims because they are not as nice as Ryan's :tongue: that's the wife behind me...
[attachment=36259:stuff_021.jpg]

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
ya Himores is still hauling sand. that pic of me quading is actually just across the highway from Himore's. here's a picture that kind of shows Himore's sand pits to the left.[attachment=36267:quading_017.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
wow they have been hauling sand for years..the riding up north would be unreal ...are trails around Jan Lake northmxz for quads....we had our camp when we built the road right past the junction to Jan Lake on the left heading to Prince Albert...

wow that is one great picture you have...riding the wave....
[attachment=36275:DSCF0409.JPG][attachment=36276:DSCF0407.JPG]

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think there are any good quading trails around Jan lake that I know of. But there are alot of trails around Creighton and Flin Flon. when i go quading some time next week I will try to get some more pictures.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Yes that would be great a few good pictures from around Flin Flon .....I guess there would be some unreal trails around with some great rocks to ride on too..

Rick

121 - 140 of 140 Posts