Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a 2002 Pantera 600 efi and the drive clogs on the track are rubbing I beleive on the lower, front shock mount. It is only the inside row of clogs on the left side hitting the mount. It is slicing right into the rubber clogs. What would cause this, How do I get the shock farther away from the clogs. I will try to align the track farther over to see if it will keep it far enough away so that it will not rub. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED, THIS IS REALLY BOTHERING ME! IT IS A BRAND NEW SLED.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have a 2002 pantera 550 i have not had this problem... I think you need to explain a little better... The rear shock is hitting on the track?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like the track tension is off. Set them to the same amount of turns.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Check the lower shock mount for the front skid shock. Many have been eaten-up as the bushing (plastic) fails and the cross-shaft eats into the bottom shock end cap. Or your cross-shaft could be loose or damaged. Is the rail-to-rail through bolt in place? I must still be under warranty until Dec. 1 as least. Better see your dealer quick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I think I know what you are saying. Its the cross shaft that the front shock at the lower mount is attached. Is the front cross shaft getting wear in it from the clogs? Mine was worn a little. It doesn't seem to be affecting the track. Just the cross shaft. My shaft has these aluminum tubes over top of the shaft to act as a spacer. It has only worn through that. SO I rotated it to wear on the other side now. I did also make a new bushing for that shock. IT was wasted, and that tore up the endcap. 40 bucks later and she's better than new.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know much about cats but my buddy had what I believe was a 2000 Pantera 1000 . When he installed an agressive track on it he somehow installed the front shock improperly and it ripped all the centre nubs out of the track. If I am not mistaken he merely changed the it back to its proper position and fixed the problem. I don't know how accurate that is but I hope it helps. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts