Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just bought my 1st sled and i'm a complete newb to this sport. I started the sled up with the electric start and had it idle at 1500rpm for about 5minutes, then pushed the button to put it in reverse and started on the throttle but the sled would not move. I tried this numerous times, only going up to about 3000-3500rpm and can't figure out what is wrong. Now i've noticed that there is oil on the ground underneath the sled and really don't know if this is just from fumes or and oil leak.
any help will be greatly appreciated
chris

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
hey guys, i just bought my 1st sled and i'm a complete newb to this sport. I started the sled up with the electric start and had it idle at 1500rpm for about 5minutes, then pushed the button to put it in reverse and started on the throttle but the sled would not move. I tried this numerous times, only going up to about 3000-3500rpm and can't figure out what is wrong. Now i've noticed that there is oil on the ground underneath the sled and really don't know if this is just from fumes or and oil leak.
chris[/b]
Check to make sure you tether cap is properly seated on the post and the other end of the curly cable is attached to you. The beep for reverse is a little faster than the beep for poor tether contact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check to make sure you tether cap is properly seated on the post and the other end of the curly cable is attached to you. The beep for reverse is a little faster than the beep for poor tether contact.[/b]

·
Registered
16 Posts
chris[/b]
I'm guessing engagement RPM for this sled is higher than 3500, probably closer to 4000. Trying reving even higher.

·
Registered
361 Posts
its definitely the tether, trying taking the "key" off and putting it on again, slide it around, it will eventually stop beeping and your in business

1 - 5 of 5 Posts