Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i`ve been running torco syn. in my mach z but i think i`m going to switch to amsoil and become a prefered customer so i can get the wholesale prices. my question is in my wifes 800 mxz we have been running regular ski-doo oil and have a few gallons let. can i mix the doo oil with the amsoil or just run it down and run pure amsoil? also did anybody compare the torco against the amsoil? just wondering how they compared....thanks.....mike

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yes you can mix the doo oil with amsoil, both oils are compatible.  But I would first run down the doo oil or pump at least half of it out.  Since its summer i would keep it topped with doo oil and next season pump 50% out and re fill with fresh amsoil.

When i got my Mach from the dealer it came full with doo oil.  I ran it half down and then just started to fill it up with amsoil.  I have never filled it up with anyother oil since only amsoil.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ditto to Machzzz1's post, run it down to about 1/4-1/3 and then fill it with Amsoil, it will work fine. Amsoil claims their oil will mix and is compatible and I did just that with my two sleds and it worked out fine.....over 2000 miles after the switch and no problems.

·
Registered
171 Posts
someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't one of the criteria for TCW3 approval of an oil that it be compatible with other such oils.  If so, then no problem.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Agreed.  Done it, no problem.  Just start filling with Amsoil.  I wouldn't even worry about running it down.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Speaking of Amsoil, What ever happened to the guy who advertised his Amsoil Distributorship on this forum?
Caleb

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had posted info on my oil tests a few months ago. I have recieved quite a few questions on Torco. I was going to test Torco also, but the lack of a winter in lower Michigan really crimped my plans. But, for what it is worth, it seems to work great in my weed whip! I think it would be a fine oil. It doesn't seem to have any real smell either which is very important. Amsoil Race 2000 (the only Amsoil you should be using) or Klotz TCW3 both worked exceptionally well in my tests. Hmmm...... Maybe thats why they are the two best sellers in aftermarket oils for sleds? The Klotz smells good, while the Amsoil Race has no smell at all. Either oil is first class!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts