Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill I know your involved with ISR so you can probably help me. My question is; Improved stock 700. Iwould like to long track an F chassis in this class. The problem is Ski-Doo didn't offer a long track 700 triple in the F. I was going to sticker it as a 97 Mach 1. My 2000 rule book states no alteration to the stock tunnel, but I thought I read somewhere that this has changed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Only in pro stock can you alter rear suspension and skid frame, sorry. it has to remain what the sled started as. I drag race in Isr sanctioned groups.   Here is a thought. You lower your sled to the minimum 2 inch suspension, front and back. You will end up with about six more inches of the front approach angle of track on the ground anyway. Which negates the rotating mass loss of a long track unit. Which helps you hook up with less studs. I hope this helps. Guy Parquette originally raced a long track Summit in stock class, but was later not allowed to on grass.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sharkey, I was afraid of that. Wanted to be sure before I bought a speed track.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Krusty, on the improvers now you have to close off rear of tunnel with aluminum, like the Pro-stockers now also. Kinda a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts