Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GLH, I was part of a very successful grass team this year and used Goodwin heavy adjustable pins but was doing some reading on Thunder and Heel Clickers for the new TRAIII and was curious on your thoughts. Seems to be more of a micro adjustments that can be made to Thunder and Heel Clicker but I don't know if it’s worth starting all over. I see Goodwin has ultra lite composite arms for the TRAIII so in theory I could cut down on the amount of rotating mass and get more weight on the end.

And advice would be appreciated.

I would be using this on my personal sled, an 03 Rev 800x.

·
Registered
292 Posts
As most are aware I am heavy pin person. The TRA III offers some things that were not offered before. I had a grand time tuning with it this past season as well. I have many thought on what to use but no snow to try it out. So far we have seen that most things are similar to the behavior of the old system. The secondary on the RER compliments the primary pretty well, the problem is backshift.

I would suggest just staying with Al arms untuil you see the patterns of change in the primary, we are pretty limited in the available ramps and that makes tuning the primary difficult.

GLH

·
Registered
107 Posts
So have both of u 2 guys above been grass dragging all summer? I did to this summer, next summer were going to be running a 99 Mach1 and a 02 MXzX 700, Were still not quite sure on , we like the 280 ramps but we've used aluminum mags and goodwins arms and arnt sure whats a better drag setup, What u guys found good in the clutching?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rotaxmandan, We ran the 600 and the 800 Revs this year, my first year and they both run the TRAIII clutches so I can't tell you about those ramps as the new TRA's have shorter arms and different ramps. The 600 we ran the stock ramps and the 800 we had to modify a bit to cure a motor problem we were having. With both we spent more time on the secondary but we did run Goodwin heavy pins in both witht eh stock arms. When we were running no one had alternitive arms available yet.

We didi pick up some Thunder arms and are going to play with them a bit in our 440 this winter to see how adjustable they are.

Sorry I can't help you out more than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts