Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks - I need a hand with something. When I pull the trigger on my T-Cat, there is a clacking noise from the right side, just in front of my knee, and the track seems to be slipping, almost like I am in powder. I have reason to believe it may be the chain a little loose, or slipping. Does this sound like a logical diagnosis? Second, how hard it is to adjust the chain, to tighten it up? How?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
It's most likely not your chain slipping, but it may be loose and need tightened. If you have an owners manual it shows you where and how to tighten the chain. If you don't have one, it's easy to do. On the right hand side of your chain case cover you will see a big bolt sticking out with a nut on the end to lock it into place. Just loosed the nut, screw the bolt in to take up any slack in the chain, and then retighten the nut to keep the bolt from loosening. You can do it with out removing the chaincase cover, but it would be a good idea to pull the case and check your chain and gears for wear and tear and would also be a good time to replace the oil if it hasn't recently been done. You want to chain to be snug, but not tight. Some guys like to run their chain with a little slop even in the chain, but I would just snug the chain up with the bottom gear.
Most likely if it seems to track is slipping, it is your belt slipping or driver(not you, the driver under the track)LOL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Scott, that's the same noise I had on my ZRT (about 2000 miles). Chain was slipping big time, teeth were rounded a little bit. I didn't mess with it, just bought new (better) gears and chain from B/M, as I thought the stock ones were insufficient for that sled...never had a prob after that.

Trev, good to see you're back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts