Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to mount?? What should I use to mount it? I am heading to a new area and would like to have the GPS handy.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

·
Registered
121 Posts
The RAM mounts work the best. You have a whole selection of mounting options. You can get mounts with a u-bolt that clamp to the handlebar or a socket that mounts to your sled directly. check www.gpscity.ca or www.gpscity.com for availability and selection. You need to buy the cradle to match your gps unit also.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
The RAM mounts work the best. You have a whole selection of mounting options. You can get mounts with a u-bolt that clamp to the handlebar or a socket that mounts to your sled directly. check www.gpscity.ca or www.gpscity.com for availability and selection. You need to buy the cradle to match your gps unit also.[/b]
:withstupid: Need a pic of my Ram mount? -Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
sledhead shw him the picture of it after you flipped it :whistling:

(he just put it on its side in all fairness, not easily but nonetheless on its side)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use the handlebar mount right from Garmin. I have an etrex and an etrex legend. The handlebar mount works great on my dirt bike and my sled. it wasn't bery expensive either. I will admit the RAM mounts are the best. Garmin was cheaper though.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have the 60cx garmin unit and used the simple handlebar mounting kit. it is just a plastic ring that wraps around the handlebar. gps clicks right in. I cant believe how great it works. i have hit all kinds of hard bumps/jumps/ and gone 100 on a lake and this thing isnt going anywhere, I would recommend wrapping the leash around the handlebar just in case it would pop off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts