Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i leaned out the oil dropped the piolts and even set floats a little leaner and still fouls out br9es and n2c plugs anybody else with this ploblem easy fix?only fouls them off idle to 1/2 throttle.drop needles 1 notch??????big end seems good and it idles good just a little lean at idle since i dropped the piloit size but i corrected that with the air screws

·
Registered
333 Posts
Two things ,did you go down to a 45 pilot ??and what gap are you running for your plugs,make sure they are set to .018''.(could also be chokes hanging up )

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with John, check you choke cable I have had it hang up on the seat myself in the past. Make sure its not in tension when its off.

·
Registered
316 Posts
With 45 pilots it should be running fantastic. How is your overall oil consumption? 1 quart per tank of gas? When you check your plugs, are they black and wet? or black and dry? I agree in checking the choke cable and making sure you do not have the enrichment circuit on even though the flipper is off. That sucker should rock!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
lol here we go again...... i told someone here with that same question and i told him i have never burnt out a plug and i meen never. my sled came with br9eya in it and they are an anti foul plug. he said sounds good then cam back and said he asked someone eles and they said it was bull####.. but im telling u it does work and what do u have to loose. try it br9eya period.......ps my mach eats br9es and br9ev for breakfast,,,,,,,lmao :p

·
Registered
677 Posts
I used to foul plugs in my mach until someone turned me on to a set of champion 8902 powersport plugs.These plugs are great,they provide crisper throttle response and i havent fouled a set yet,they cost $4.95 each and are worth every penny.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Machz69 : what are the plugs you use worth.
I use the br9es in mine but have fried a few.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My buddy had the same problem over an entire season with his. It turned out to be the spark plugs caps. Changed all three for the premium NGK caps and the problem was instantly gone.
Instead of overfueling it ended up being the ignition system laying down. Just a thought.
:)
Rick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A buddy I ride with bought a 99 mach in 2000 with 600 miles on it. In the first 100 miles after he got it he burnt 10 plugs out of it. At 110 miles it blew up. The dealer replaced the engine and they traced the problem back to a faulty stator. Since he replaced the engine and stator he hasn't even changed his plugs. It might be worth a checking that out. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts