Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

The fever is starting to set in....

My Birthday is coming up and I need to tell the woman what I want.  I was thinking something for my Sled....Maybe an exhaust.

Anyway, I would just be getting the tips, not the pipes.

What is the best sounding system out there?  I don't want obnoxious, but I do want it to sound distinctively different from stock.

Also, what is the cheapest system out there, and how much am I looking to spend?  

It's been so long since I've even thought about my sled I have forgotten a lot of stuff.

Thanks for the help.

-Josh

·
Registered
692 Posts
your going to run tips in vt?
i run dynos and was stopped at I.P warning!!

the dynos sound nice on my mach 1

a friend has a set of dyno pipes that sound better!!  crisp if you will. you also have the crank shop in you back yard. go see benoint performance word has it hes makeing pipes?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Be careful with your selection, Pirahna. This year Vt. has essentially outlawed aftermarket, louder pipes and there will be enforcement and fines this year. There are also curfews so tread lightly with your soon- to- be piped machine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awwwww...Thanks Guys.

You know, I thought I read that somewhere, then I said to myself..."Naw, I must be crazy".

Did they actually give a decible level restriction?  I know it would probably be loud as "heck" with full pipes, but with tips it should be so bad should it?

Sheesh....

Thanks for the info guys!!!

-Josh

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sheesh is right! It is getting to be a lawyers' sport anymore with all the laws being pushed and passed. Check out www.vast.org under rules or news. Cannot remember which one. The law was passed recently regarding pipes an/or noise. I saw a bunch of the vast people this weekend at Killington and they said that there will be noise [email protected]#$^& Landowners are starting to get cranky!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've only heard a couple of sleds that I would actually classify as "annoyingly loud".  One was a new XC 700 with full pipes on it...It sounded good for a second, but I wouldn't be able to stand it for very long.

Gee, that's going to p!$$ a lot of people that have $800 bucks worth of pipes on their sleds off.  Plus, there are guys out there running seriously modded sleds and need the aftermarket pipes on them so they run right.

Wow, I'm just glad I don't have them.

It is too bad though.

Hey, what about insurance??? Is that THIS YEAR or is that next year.  My buddy tried to ask the guy that heads up the club in our area, but I guess he didn't know.  Great....glad he follows the sport  

Take care man...Thanks for the info.

-Josh

·
Registered
354 Posts
9/03 is when liability insurance becomes mandatory in Vt. I have four sleds, including a mxz800x and I am going to choke when they quote me. I hear they pound you if you have over 600cc's. My 583 squeaks in there, my 600 is on the line, my 670 is over. $$$$$$$$$$$ Still a great state to ride! You should hear the piped Sno Pros- I swear you would think a jet is crashing nearby when they are climbing in the mountains! Raspy! Yeah, after market pipe manufacturers are probably watching this pretty closely. Not that Vt. is trend setting, but it could spread. People just need to be cool with the pipes. Loud when it is safe and away from houses, streets and people is fine by me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts