Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 tracks. Both have same pitch and lug height. But one has 55 track sections and the other has 58. Will the one with 58 sections still fit or will it be too long?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? id like to know soon, hopefully i can put it on today

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what size track i need. Im just wondering if that one that i got will work, Im not sure of the exact size of it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I know what size track i need. Im just wondering if that one that i got will work, Im not sure of the exact size of it.[/b]
I'd say what you need is 108" long or 55 x 1.97 pitch = 108.35" and what you have is 58 x 1.97 = 114.26"

Maybe just maybe you could use the longer suspension rails from a non SS Citation and use the longer track. I guess you would have yourself a Citation SS Renegade. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
443 Posts
i think 108 would work, just have to tighten it differently right?

do you have to mix your gas and oil?

·
Registered
912 Posts
maybe in the future i could do that but i need to know now. I think what i have is the smaller one is 106" and the bigger is 108". The track im supposed to have on it is 106".

http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/PP5780.html

look at the track specs[/b]
I don't know man, the numbers just don't add up. If your 106" track has 55 sections that gives it a 1.93 pitch. So the track with 58 sections (if it does have the same 1.93 pitch) would be 112" long.

What can you tell us about the 58 section track? year, make, model sled it came off of? Any manufacturer name or part #'s on it? Pictures side by side?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, ill get #'s and pictures tommorow. Ill PM the guy i bought it from and see what he can tell me. Also tommorow ill do the whole rope thing, where i measure the track with rope.

just thought, maybe the pitches are off, ill measure that too. I do know though that if the pitches are off i cant use it.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
SS = shorter 108

4500 = longer track 114

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so last night i forgot to cover the sled before i went to bed so i went out and did it and also got #'s.

the number for the shorter track- 570-0091-004

Bigger- 570-6086-004

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now im getting confused. If i go to dennis kirk and look at the tracks available for my sled they give me 2 choices. First one is the kimpex durado track. Length- 106.38 pitch- not given Then it gives me the camoplast durasport 530 track, lenght 114, pitch- 1.97, and its cheaper.

Maybe i can adjust the suspension.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
YOU HAVE A Citation SS

YOUR TRACK IS THE SHORT ONE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, can i make the longer one fit without majorly changing the suspension? And why do they sell the longer one on DK for my sled?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just decided to go ahead and put the track on the sled w/ the suspension, loosely. (bolts not tightened down...etc). Heres a pic LOL

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now for the other question. Would you guys/gals suggest i get a new track or do you think this one would be good for one more season.

sorry if the pics are crappy, i took them real quick

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
more pics i took a few months ago (light bulb comes on in head) just got an idea. I could sell the bigger track and use the money from it to buy a new/er RIGHT track

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The long ONE IS FOR THE CITATION 4500!!!!

which has a LONGER suspension and tunnel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts