Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corey,
I was wondering what Quote is used for and how is it used? The same for Code in the iB buttons. Yesterday I asked you on how to see the message when performing a "reply." You'd had mention do not do a "reply" but perform a quote. I sent a message to my self and my choices are 'reply', 'delete pm', and I forgot the third. How does 'quote' work into this?

thanks, Rob:)

ps. Is the cursor suppose to move everytime a iB button is on and off? This seems to be incorrect. If I am typing a message and choose bold, my cursor goes back to the beginning of the message. When I turn bold off after the word or sentance, the cursor moves to the beginning of the message again.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from Do the Doo, posted on Oct. 26 2001, 10:23
Corey,
I was wondering what Quote is used for and how is it used? The same for Code in the iB buttons. Yesterday I asked you on how to see the message when performing a "reply." You'd had mention do not do a "reply" but perform a quote. I sent a message to my self and my choices are 'reply', 'delete pm', and I forgot the third. How does 'quote' work into this?

thanks, Rob:)

ps. Is the cursor suppose to move everytime a iB button is on and off? This seems to be incorrect. If I am typing a message and choose bold, my cursor goes back to the beginning of the message. When I turn bold off after the word or sentance, the cursor moves to the beginning of the message again.

Clicking on the quote button will put the message you are replying to in a quote box like yours is above. It is just a way of displaying what the a user said that you are replying to.

Ib code allows you to add a little flavor to posts. The are a bunch of different ones that you can use.

For example:

Code:
 Using the [b] this is my text bold [/b]
Would produce this:
this is my text

Just remember that every ib code MUST have a open tag, which is the code in brackets, and a closing tag, which is code in brackets with a / after the first bracket.

Without this, they won't work. When you posta new message or are replying, click on the iB Code link and it will give a bunch of examples. Just make sure you maximize the screen to see all of them.

As far as the cursor goes, looks like a bug. Will look into it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Corey,
For leeting me in on "Quote"
   Still wondering what "Code" button is used for between Quote and Image.

Rob

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Quote from Do the Doo, posted on Oct. 29 2001, 1:14
Thanks Corey,
For leeting me in on "Quote"
Still wondering what "Code" button is used for between Quote and Image.

Rob

The CODE button probably won't be real useful to anyone on these forums. It gives us admins the ability to type in IB Code without it actually doing what it should with it.

For example:

Code:
If I didn't use the code button here [b] this text would be in bold[/b]
But since I used the code open and close tags, anything that I put in there will be stripped away. It is great help tool for explaining how to use functions on the forum.

That's about it.

Thanks.
;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts