Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this upcoming season i'm planning on getting into racing for the first time.  i am planning to run mainly hillcross and some snocross.  i was wondering are there any tips you guys could give me of studding for racing.  i know that i will only be aloud 96 down the center, but how do you keep them from tearing out on a hardpacked course or bad conditions.  any help will be greatly appreciated(spell?).

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You will find that you will want to use at least 2 tracks. You will most likely will use a 1.50 paddle, and a 1.0 track.

Run 96 studs with double backers in each and it should hold up.

I would contact woody's on line. They have great on-line support, and will email you back with some answers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is a setup that I have seen work really good. The guy had a heavilly modded XC 800 and did lots of dragging. He had a .85 track with 96 1 3/8" studs, angled backers agianst the lugs for support. He had no slipping at all, it hooks up awesome. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey M10rules, your studs cannot be more than 3/8 of an inch above your lug, I know form experiance, I drove 300 miles to race and when I went through tech they told mr "No Way" so I had to pull all of them out in less than 30 min. So just be sure to read your rule book.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most hillcross rules say NO studs. You might want to check before you go through the hassle, if you plan on concentrating on hillcross.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i think your right greenstreak i dont think you can use studs on hillcross
  that would be the advantage of 2 tracks though 1 with studs and 1 with out  good luck   your gonna need it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
new wsa rule book still being updated.  i guess 2 tracks will be the way i go.  thanx everyone.  anyone race BEST or RMR here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts