Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys had my first race this weekend. it was a blast. here are some pic and instead of writing all again this is from HCS that i wrote.

i have to give a big thanks out to northways sports tom nad pockets for making my weekend a blast. with a totally aprat sled on thursday and a pretty well running sled saturday morning i raced and did pretty well. i ended up finishing 11 out of 18 but i have a crash, stoped to help a guy that crashed and didnt take a time credit, had a slightly boggy sled (it was 25 instead of 10 degrees) and i think got a tim penalty crossing a road (walk across) because i think they thought i was trying to hop on one foot half way accross when really my zipper got stuck on my running board grips and ripped my zipper off.worst part is i crashed right at the end and probably would have come in 9th if i didnt. they had 2 jumps and some whoops in the middle but way to close to the first jump. the whoops were like 25 feet form the bottom of the landing or less and they were the steepest whoopest ever. say 1 guys all day double double all 6, one other guy did the first then crashed end over end on the second. many people got hte last set but that was it. but as for me crashing i was coming in flying and to late remembered how close they were so i slammed on the brakes and at the base of jump tryed to gun it to come out flat in the landing and then the motor bogged ill let the pic explain the rest. as for the rest of the race i lost time across the lake running a 440 in a 600 class not having the top end but not just me but many other people thought i had the best suspension setup there out of anyone. i saw more guys bottoming out and getting through around in the bumpy ditches then was even funny. well here are a few pic and there is probably be some more soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well guys had my first race this weekend. it was a blast. here are some pic and instead of writing all again this is from HCS that i wrote.
i have to give a big thanks out to northways sports tom nad pockets for making my weekend a blast. with a totally aprat sled on thursday and a pretty well running sled saturday morning i raced and did pretty well. i ended up finishing 11 out of 18 but i have a crash, stoped to help a guy that crashed and didnt take a time credit, had a slightly boggy sled (it was 25 instead of 10 degrees) and i think got a tim penalty crossing a road (walk across) because i think they thought i was trying to hop on one foot half way accross when really my zipper got stuck on my running board grips and ripped my zipper off.worst part is i crashed right at the end and probably would have come in 9th if i didnt. they had 2 jumps and some whoops in the middle but way to close to the first jump. the whoops were like 25 feet form the bottom of the landing or less and they were the steepest whoopest ever. say 1 guys all day double double all 6, one other guy did the first then crashed end over end on the second. many people got hte last set but that was it. but as for me crashing i was coming in flying and to late remembered how close they were so i slammed on the brakes and at the base of jump tryed to gun it to come out flat in the landing and then the motor bogged ill let the pic explain the rest. as for the rest of the race i lost time across the lake running a 440 in a 600 class not having the top end but not just me but many other people thought i had the best suspension setup there out of anyone. i saw more guys bottoming out and getting through around in the bumpy ditches then was even funny. well here are a few pic and there is probably be some more soon.[/b]
no one thinks its as funny at i do then. im going to get crap for it all year and probably my whole life. hahah. but really guys id highly suggest rying cross country racing, its a blast and easy to get started. probably one of the funnest weekend ive ever had sledding.

·
Registered
443 Posts
love the last pic of you landing, i wouldnt mind trying it, sounds like a workout and a half?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
love the last pic of you landing, i wouldnt mind trying it, sounds like a workout and a half?[/b]
i wish he would have kempt taking them as i fell rest of the way. but ya is a workout and a half. first time ive really been riding this year to. my legs were ok but may wrists and my arms were sore from holding on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i wish he would have kempt taking them as i fell rest of the way. but ya is a workout and a half. first time ive really been riding this year to. my legs were ok but may wrists and my arms were sore from holding on.[/b]
That type of racing would be interesting. I'm not really all that impressed with snowcross stuff, it's not real-world to me.

That landing picture looks rough, LOL! I'd feel that one afterwards. But then again I know I'm not all that comfortable being off the ground, a guy my size tends to hit hard when he comes down, LOL!!! Found that out the hard way while snowboarding, and I'll apply that for snowmobiling, too, hahahaha.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That type of racing would be interesting. I'm not really all that impressed with snowcross stuff, it's not real-world to me.

That landing picture looks rough, LOL! I'd feel that one afterwards. But then again I know I'm not all that comfortable being off the ground, a guy my size tends to hit hard when he comes down, LOL!!! Found that out the hard way while snowboarding, and I'll apply that for snowmobiling, too, hahahaha.[/b]
ya it didnt really hurt until the next day i was sore. it is really fun. decided to get more into it to. just bought a 08 dragon 600 to race to. piick it up noon tomorrow.

·
Registered
443 Posts
ya it didnt really hurt until the next day i was sore. it is really fun. decided to get more into it to. just bought a 08 dragon 600 to race to. piick it up noon tomorrow.[/b]
[email protected] right, nice sled.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[email protected] right, nice sled.[/b]
its going to be sweet, dad may even race he said. he'll be in the old man race. i can see him going one handed with a cigarrete in one hand and coffee in the other, ahahaha. is will work out well though. its hard racing the 440 in the 440 and 600 class. i kill the 600's in the bumps but get blow away in the flat spots and lakes.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
congrats on the new sled !!! got any pics of them bumps lol[/b]
nope but imagine the worst trail you have ever been on and time by 3. they were big and bad. people getting thrown from there sleds on them. ill get some pics og the dragon here today. we go get it in 2 hours.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sorry about the crash, but you looked good on your sled. It sounds like abgreat time, I wish I was there!

-Frank

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry about the crash, but you looked good on your sled. It sounds like abgreat time, I wish I was there!

-Frank[/b]
i thought you were going to start racing frank

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
nope but imagine the worst trail you have ever been on and time by 3. they were big and bad. people getting thrown from there sleds on them. ill get some pics og the dragon here today. we go get it in 2 hours.[/b]
:unsure: Don't see any pictures of a dragon :unsure:

·
Registered
465 Posts
not this year, I broke my collar bone in wrestling

1 - 14 of 14 Posts