Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!  I went to some radar runs the other day and with my 97' MXZ 440F I ran a best time of 74.61 mph.  I am racing in the stock fan class.  There was another guy there that ran a 98' MXZ 440F and did 78 mph.  I was just wondering what are these sleds supposed to be running in 1000 feet.  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sharkey!

Actually only the 97' is mine.  The 98' is a competitor of mine!

·
Registered
172 Posts
use a marker to put a vertical line on your primary and then go for a run.   when you stop after the run check how much(if any) is left of the mark.   if the mark is all gone, try throwing a 1 tooth higher top gear in it, might gain a little more top end       or else the engine might now pull it      doesn't hurt to try though

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.  I will try that.  Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Those are good numbers for 440s midnight.I don't think you can do a whole lot better.If you want to beat you competitor in 1000',prepare to spend a few bucks on clutching.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k...yeah.  I want to stay away from that 'cuz I want to stay running in the stock class.  Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you can clutch and gear your sled, and mess around with the suspension and still stay in the stock class's       you just cannot touch the motor

·
Registered
59 Posts
a snocross racer i know entered his 2001 mxz in the radar runs on sibley pond about 3 weeks ago and his 440 did 94.6 in 1000'. I cant even see the guy if we ride the small trails around my house and have to catch him on the straighaways.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imp~ that must have been a liquid.  Gosh, there were guys there running liquid 440's doin 103 mph!  I take it they were slightly modified.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts