Snowmobile World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am overhauling my tired rear suspension and noticed that a couple of the holes in each rail have wobbled out a bit. I spoke with my local Skidoo dealer (KDK of Rome NY) and he claims that they have been discontinued. The fact that they used to cost $177 each would have probably scared me off anyhow. I am not even sure if I need to replace them. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to try to repair what I currently have?

I'm putting in a new track, replacing both shocks and most of the wheels. I sanded and painted the rusty old metal and figure while I'm at it I might as well address this before it really wears and cause headaches down the road. :confused:

By the way it's a 1996 MXZ 583. It has 2 shocks and I think that means the suspension is an SC10. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The best repair is to ream the oval holes out and install steel bushings with loctite. The rear arm hex bolts are usually the culprits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to sound stupid, but can you tell me more about these steel bushings. I am ussuming that they are threaded seeing how one uses loctite. Any special size? Where could I get these from? It sounds like good advice to me. Thanks again thumbdoctor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts