Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the stock ramps for this sled are they the same ramps from 99 to 02.thanks :0:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't mean to butt in on your conversation but
I use that ramp on my mxz 600 and it is like or the same as the gp 7 ramp from goodwinn,the heel is cut different but other than thatit is real close or the same. if that helps any
Baddude :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
hillpounder,
The gp 7 is simular to the 296 ramp.
I have the 2000 race book and it looks like the 297 ramp is a little taller than the 296 .The ramps I am looking at are the 296x and 297x ramps.If there is a difference ,I do not know.
The 296 ramp has a small bump in the heel where as the goodwinn gp 7 ramp is cut straight across the heel with no bump.That is the only difference that i can see between the 296 and gp7 ramps(looks like the same ramp just the heel is cut different).Hope that helps.
If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.....
Baddude :sly:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hillpounder,
This is the difference between the 296x and 297x ramps.I purchased a set of 296 ramps and they look the same as the 296x ramps :hallo9:

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
lower left(296),upper right(297)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Comparing the 297 to the 296...I do belive the 296 ramp has a steeper hill about 2/3 of the way down the roller profile.
This "steeper hill" will create more rpm because it stalls the shift of the pressure lever.
The 297 is so nearly the same as 296 in the beginning but is more for larger cc engine and will pull harder. the pressure lever on this ramp has a less of a hill so the lever will produce more force at the higher ratio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts